1998 viii electrical problems

jpf1319

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have several electrical problems and am having a hard time finding them. first of all my dimmer switch is either on or off, next my cooling fan does not work pulled it out of car and it works but not in car,air ride malfunction car goes all the way to top but at highway speeds does not lower and i get an error and finally my ac is not working. all of these things stopped working at the same time, or really close and i find it hard to believe that they are not related. thanks in advance

your electric fan is not working, that is the reason why the ac isnt working also, if the electric fan doesnt come on, neither will your ac, but you said it works out of the car, that narrows down a bad fan, most likely, your vlcm module is bad, common and controls both the ac and elec fan and other things as well. your air ride problem is the compressor vent solenoid isnt venting, thats why you get the message at the highway speeds, the car is trying to lower itself but the solenoid is either dead or seized. the dimmer switch may just need to be replaced it might be the switch itself.

" most likely, your vlcm module is bad, common and controls both the ac and elec fan and other things as well. "

Members online

No members online now.
Back