1998 Mark VIII Radiator Fan Switch Location

Georgia Wolf

New LVC Member
Reaction score
All,

Can someone tell me where the radiator fan switch is located on a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII? I thought they were typically mounted directly in the radiator, but I am not seeing it. Any information would be appreciated.

Best regards
Georgia Wolf

Are you looking for the temperature sender that the PCM uses to determine if the fan should be on or not? If that is what your looking for, it is on the coolant crossover on the passenger side:
14651370514_d8a121dcfc_b.jpg

14466909200_c58bbe3054_b.jpg

Thanks Bangster, for the reply. I thought that one was for the gauge. I was looking for the green one, which was described as the radiator fan switch, when I purchased it. Someone else told me it might be in the intake. I was looking around the radiator, thinking it should be there. Unless you have additional info, I'll check arount the intake tonight.

There is another sender on the opposite side of the water crossover. I think that is for the gauge. What are you trying to accomplish?

The car overheated and I am trying to cover all of the bases. There is a single sensor on the cross over tube, it is grey and I was told it is for the gauge, when I purchased it. I also purchased a green sensor I was told was for the fan. Both parts are Motorcraft parts, not sure if aftermarket brands would be color coded the same. Just want to make sure everything is working properly.

Chris is exactly right, 2nd gens only have one sensor. It would help to know when the car overheats. i.e. idling, going down the highway, in town driving. Probably a thermostat stuck closed. These cars seem to have that problem occasionally. Also if your ac works turn it on max ac and cooling fan should come on. If it does, then sensor or fan problem is unlikely.

You shouldn't just randomly buy parts when you don't know if what you have is bad or not. It's your money though. There are easy ways to test these sensors and what is bad with the Mark's cooling system without any special tools and without taking anything apart.

Thanks to everyone for their help! The car is up and running and appears to be none the worse for wear.

Georgia Wolf

Members online

No members online now.
Back