1998 mark Viii heater blows cold air only

luvmylincoln

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1998 Lincoln MARK VIII from a private party the heater worked fine for the first day, it has since stopped only blowing cold air. I contacted the seller and was told it is just a fuse, I have checked all the fuses and do not see any blown fuses. Any ideas????

I recently purchased a 1998 Lincoln MARK VIII from a private party the heater worked fine for the first day, it has since stopped only blowing cold air. I contacted the seller and was told it is just a fuse, I have checked all the fuses and do not see any blown fuses. Any ideas????
Ha,

So the guy/gal sells their car knowing the door blend is broken Nice people.

Anyway, You can do two things.

1) Leave the system on and put it on 90. Use the temporary fix measure by reaching under and moving the lever to the right. You'll have to use the fan control to maintain cabin temp. If you turn the system off, the blend door eill return to neautral position and you won't have heat again. So best to leave it on unless you like bending over and pushing the damn lever.

2) Pull dash and repair when it warms up outside.

i'll fix it for you, come to florida i'll have it done while you wait for it! i even have the new part you need!

Members online

No members online now.
Back