1997 Mark VIII rear window seal / gasket

Gato69

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have my "97 Mark VIII in the body shop...got rear ended by a drunk driver. The shop had to remove the rear window and now I'm trying to find the gasket / seal that goes around the window.
They say if you get a new rear window that it comes with the seal. Problem is I can't find anyplace that sells a 97" Mark VIII rear window! Apparently, there not making them anymore. Long story short, does anybody have a lead / source where I can get a replacement gasket or entire rear window with the gasket? Or, if you've tried some kind of after market that works? Thanks!

I think your best bet is to get some of this 3/4" stuff and have them go around the window with it. The top curve will be tougher but once its stuck on there leave it in the sun and the black molding will come around to being curved. good luck

Hello, I have my "97 Mark VIII in the body shop...got rear ended by a drunk driver. The shop had to remove the rear window and now I'm trying to find the gasket / seal that goes around the window.
They say if you get a new rear window that it comes with the seal. Problem is I can't find anyplace that sells a 97" Mark VIII rear window! Apparently, there not making them anymore. Long story short, does anybody have a lead / source where I can get a replacement gasket or entire rear window with the gasket? Or, if you've tried some kind of after market that works? Thanks!
You might try Mr. Sunfoof Not sure about window seals but he has everything for sunroofs Worth a try?
417 788 2707

The seal is integral with the rear glass and does not actually "seal" the glass but is more of a beauty trim surrounding the glass. The glass may be mounted with typical windshield ribbon sealer but without the trim depending on the care taken to properly gap it evenly all around and have it flush with the surrounding body panels.

I cheated and used a full sheet of vinyl wrap.

Boxer_1573531046.244135_E2427B22-CFA4-4E93-98EB-09152EDB548E (3).jpeg

same problem no replacement gaskets available. I am trying rubber strip available on eBay with approximately same width. These are self stick but am sure would not hold up to wind. Will use black FlexSeal to fill gaps and as additional strength. May not work but no oth option

Safelite Autoglass has these in stock. Just put in your location Zip Code.
Tried the Milwaukee location. Guy on the phone almost sounded pissed off when I asked about it. "Don't stock it,can't get it" was his answer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back