1995 Mark VIII 'Newbie'

JaymzMhart

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here also. What a wealth of info! I bought a '95 Mark VIII from a young guy who didn't have time/tools/experience to repair this fine car. It belonged to an older gentleman who used it as his commute between Ohio and Florida. From the looks of it, it didn't see any salty, winter driving. The car has been well-maintained, converted to coil suspension and has 190,000 miles on it.

I paid $600 for it and I've been driving it since April. I don't see any rust on it... even underneath! This car was about to be sold to the scrapyard if I didn't buy it! I already had seven cars, but couldn't pass this up.

Here is a short list of what was/still is wrong:
Webasto Moonroof missing module between open/close switch and power plug
(Part # S1593-R-2400B-A)
Ignition switch hanging from steering column
Gen 1 Headlamps need upgrade
Lower ball-joints worn and squeaky

I already replaced a broken front corner marker light housing, a broken rear corner marker light housing, the power antenna, fixed the broken passenger window nylon gears, fixed/restored the center console and gave the car a GOOD cleaning. Lots of dog hair and cigar ashes! Nothing like seeing an old, worn-out luxury car restored back to it's pride and glory!

Didn't think I would enjoy it as much as my '92 Mark VII LSC (which is in great condition), but I love the interior and the comfort of sitting lower. I decided that this one is a keeper, so I installed a Sony double-DIN receiver with bluetooth/DVD/aux-in/USB-in/Tom-tom Navigation/back-up cam, some nice Kicker coaxials in all four positions and a Kicker 12-inch for the trunk as well.
I'm also thinking of installing a Sherwood wood grain kit for the dash and side panels (doors-->back seat).

I don't know how often I'll be here, but I welcome any suggestions you may have! Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the board, now go on the Mark VIII side & post a thread on that very first thing you want to take care of. We will be of help. Also, create a thread on the Mark VIII side with pics. We have a problem on this board, we are picture whores, all of us!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back