1994 Lincoln Mark VIII (8) AC-HT Blend Dood Actuator (Motor)

ROYY

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, I`m looking for a 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII (8) AC-HT Blend Dood Actuator (Motor) - I`m finding 1993, 1995, 1996 but no 1994`s that I need -
PN is F4LY19E616A <== per a Lincoln Dealership - I`m finding F3, F5, F6, F7 - Are any of these interchangeable - I do not hear any Clicking indicating a broken gear, but it could be, and/or stuck - All Air is coming out the Defroster - Not from any other Vents - Any help will be appreciated - I have owned this Mark VIII for over 24 years

Thank you - Have a great Day/Week and stay Healthy (Safe)
You can email me directly if you like
stewart-roy@comcast.net

..Air is coming out the Defroster - Not from any other Vents - ...
Are you having temperature control issues? (Hot air when you want cold, or cold when you want hot?) If not, then the air temperature blend door actuator (motor) is not what you need.
Where the air comes out is controlled via vacuum powered actuators, and these are controlled by solenoids in the climate control. Air out the defrost is what you get when there is no vacuum. Check to see if the vacuum canister under the hood for the climate control is okay and if vacuum is getting to it. Then check to see if vacuum is getting to the climate control. I think that for a 94, it's most likely going to be a vacuum leak.

Are you having temperature control issues? (Hot air when you want cold, or cold when you want hot?) If not, then the air temperature blend door actuator (motor) is not what you need.
Where the air comes out is controlled via vacuum powered actuators, and these are controlled by solenoids in the climate control. Air out the defrost is what you get when there is no vacuum. Check to see if the vacuum canister under the hood for the climate control is okay and if vacuum is getting to it. Then check to see if vacuum is getting to the climate control. I think that for a 94, it's most likely going to be a vacuum leak.
No Heat or AC Issues (was Cold AC and Hot Heat) other then Where it is coming from (Defroster only) - Just had AC fixed and was running good until recently

I have automatic Climate Control and an Electrical input in the ACHE Control Module - These do have electrical Motors, don`t they ? (1994 Lincoln Mark VIII) - Could this be a Vacuum leak ? - I don`t see any hoses going to the unit - I will take another look - Vehicle Looks and runs good otherwise

I appreciate you help and input, Anytime

I have automatic Climate Control and an Electrical input in the ACHE Control Module - These do have electrical Motors, don`t they ? (1994 Lincoln Mark VIII) - Could this be a Vacuum leak ? - I don`t see any hoses going to the unit - I will take another look - Vehicle Looks and runs good otherwise

I appreciate you help and input, Anytime
Okay. I may have it wrong. I thought that Lincoln didn't switch to electric for the air direction till sometime in the 2000s.

Okay. I may have it wrong. I thought that Lincoln didn't switch to electric for the air direction till sometime in the 2000s.
You may be correct, I really don`t know. I will when I get to the mechanics - I`ll call or stop into a Lincoln Dealership for my verification if it Vacuum operated or not. There is an Electrical connection on the units I have looked at, they just are not in stock anywhere.
Thanks for the additional info - it is appreciated

So, I looked up the Mark VIII climate control on ebay.
1689699128093.png

Is this the one you have?
This one does have the vacuum solenoids in it. You can see them in the upper left of this rear view picture.
1689699206292.png

You may be correct, I really don`t know. I will when I get to the mechanics - I`ll call or stop into a Lincoln Dealership for my verification if it Vacuum operated or not. There is an Electrical connection on the units I have looked at, they just are not in stock anywhere.
Thanks for the additional info - it is appreciated
I think you may be thinking about the HTAC push button dash controller

Actually I just remembered I had that item (Heat/AC Dash Push Button Controller) replaced with a used one from Ebay some years ago (1995 with hard buttons) - This may be my problem (hopefully) easier fix. Anybody have the 1995 Temperature Controller OEM number - I will do the Self Diagnostics on it first - want to stay away from the plastic slide in tabs that always fall out or cave in on the 1993 and 1994 models - Have had the 1995 Temperature Controller in my 94 Mark for many years now and was working well. Need to check

Vacumn1.jpg

Vacumn2.jpg

You'll find your problem from tracing the vacuum line from the intake manifold tee fitting. Most will break or separate right at the tee fitting.

Members online

No members online now.
Back