1991 Town Car

Well I know that its much easier to get power out of an LT1, and they are capable of 600+ hp, but I'm saying you can mod a 4.6 Town Car so its noticeably faster than a stock LT1 Fleetwood. That was my problem with the 4.6 Town Cars, they had adequate power, but paled in comparison to the LT1 FWB. But now you get the best of both worlds, the Town Car's smoother ride, more gadgets and more manageable size, and more power than the LT1 has to offer stock.

if you want super perforamnce, look elsewhere, you wont find it in a lincoln or a cadillac of this size.

Nakoa said:
if you want super perforamnce, look elsewhere, you wont find it in a lincoln or a cadillac of this size.

Super performance meaning like a 11 or 12 second quarter mile Lincoln?

Probably not possible unless it's highly modded Mark VIII or VII.

A 14 second quarter mile for a 1996 Town Car is super performance for me all things considered :)

CpeVillStr90 said:
Ahh but to make it a fair race you would have to equally mod them. The LT1 would still smoke the TC with the same amount of mods. Im not so sure how accurate his time slips are. I saw in one of his videos get dusted by a 4.0l jeep. And another a Suburban. Last I knew they weren't speed racers.
He was dusted by the jeep because he didn't have modds back then. (plus the jeep started way too early and they never had a right race)And his times accurate because of the video showing his time.

92SedandeVille-TownCar94 said:
Super performance meaning like a 11 or 12 second quarter mile Lincoln?

Probably not possible unless it's highly modded Mark VIII or VII.

A 14 second quarter mile for a 1996 Town Car is super performance for me all things considered :)

quit fluffing it up for the m8 guys, those arent super sport cars either.

If he didn't have mods back then then why is he racing. Nontheless he still got burned by a jeep and a suburban. Two SUV's not known raw balls to the wall ground pounding horsepower and speed.

CpeVillStr90 said:
If he didn't have mods back then then why is he racing. Nontheless he still got burned by a jeep and a suburban. Two SUV's not known raw balls to the wall ground pounding horsepower and speed.
how the hell did he even got beat by the SUV, he had them at the end. you can belevie what ever you want but he has the Track video to prove that he did a 14.7

Maybe so. But after how much cash is mods did it finally take him to cash an old STS?

In other news(that people actually care about), as of yesterday the Town Car is in his hands and on the road. He loves it. a bunch of us took it to wing night last night at the Dug Out(10 cent wings at wing night) and for 170k miles this car rides great. Its sound as can be and runs very smooth. He's got to get used to the rear wheel drive since the roads are still covered with salt its like driving on sand. I think he has changed his mind about changing to leather. He loves the dimming sentinals. It needs a power seat motor, antenea motor, trunk motor, and the the window switches in the back doors have broken through and are sitting in the door(big with this generation of Town Cars). All dime a dozen stuff and sometimes free if you can get out with it in your pocket at the bone yard;). Other than that all it needs is new tires and wipers. Pretty kick ass car for $600. We cleaned it up and it looks damn good. Pictures will be up soon. One more thing, anybody have any mod resources we can check out? Thanks again.

I think it took him $4,000(not sure) for the mods and plus he lives in Saudi Arabia, so the shipping cost was more

So all that stuff that he did to his '02 Town Car, you could also do it to any 95-97 model right? I'm pretty sure you could, but I'm not sure if they changed anything internally on the SOHC 4.6's. I know they made 210hp in 1996, and they were up to 239 in '02..

Crashed

Well, he had bought the Town Car like I said. But he got into an accident with it yesterday. He got rear ended. The trunk folded up and is about a foot long now. From the back doors forward though its a good car. I'll have pictures up Friday. Good engine, suspension air bags, safety airbag, interior and all body parts from the back doors forward. Also with the rare turbine wheels that are in good shape still. He wants to get something out of it so he kept it. Make an offer. Like I said, I'll have pictures up Friday. Engine has about 170,000 miles but you guys know they run a lot longer than that.

CpeVillStr90 said:
Well, he had bought the Town Car like I said. But he got into an accident with it yesterday. He got rear ended. The trunk folded up and is about a foot long now. From the back doors forward though its a good car. I'll have pictures up Friday. Good engine, suspension air bags, safety airbag, interior and all body parts from the back doors forward. Also with the rare turbine wheels that are in good shape still. He wants to get something out of it so he kept it. Make an offer. Like I said, I'll have pictures up Friday. Engine has about 170,000 miles but you guys know they run a lot longer than that.
Damn sorry to hear about that, at least he is alright.

CpeVillStr90, wants me to post some pics of the Town Car that his friend had an accident in.

Picture_034.jpg

Picture_037.jpg

Picture_038.jpg

Picture_039.jpg

Picture_040.jpg

looks like major frame damage, the only thing i would expect out of that car is maybe 1 or 200 to someone who really needed some front end parts.

ouch. hope your friend is well.

Yea he's fine. He's hoping to get as much out of it as possible because he already got another car. And he needs to pay for for. 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood D' Elegance. Its the one in the Deville style. Only 70,000 miles. Mint condition inside and out. Its been stored since 2000. The underbody is rust proofed and the ehaust pipe is still shiny. $500. Bad cam though and it needs an engine. He only payed 600 for the Lincoln. But hopefully someone needs some front end parts, doors, or an interior.

Members online

No members online now.
Back