150,000 And Only replaced Coils to Date

ltnate3

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a positive with this car. I use this car exclusively for travel/business trips. After 150,000 miles this car still gets 25 MPG on the highway...what more can anyone ask for?

sweet.

does it feel like an 8 year old vehicle? Some vehicles age better than others.....theres a 2003 altima here that feels like a vehicle from 2007 or 2008.

oh no, you just shouldn't have said anything, now it gonna fall apart for sure:rolleyes:

V6 or V8

I'm at 128k 01V6 everything is smooth as silk, after a ton of money!

I'm at 175k... a ton of money and things are smooth as a rocky road. Time to buy a new car, disappointed it's not going to last past 200k.

163k on a 2000 v8 here.

This car is so clean and solid you would think it has MAYBE 60k on it and made in 2006.

I bought it from the orig owner who said it has been a great car with zero problems, just regular wear items like wheel bearings, bushings nothing major.

When I bought it the secondary tensioner had just gone slack so he stopped driving it due to the scary "rod knock" noise.

$1800 for the car and $70 for the part, one day in my garage and it is smooth as silk!

Tires, Brakes, shocks everything is tip top on this car and when you get under it or open the hood it is so clean you would think its a brand spanking new car.

I won't complain. Sheet it would take a lot to piss me off over this deal.

Damn that's amazing, 150k miles and never changed the oil or anything, just coils :rolleyes:

Damn that's amazing, 150k miles and never changed the oil or anything, just coils :rolleyes:

LOL...ok so I have done normal stuff like oil change, brakes, coolant flush, tires, transmission fluid change, etc...

2002 V8 LSE here with 130k miles. Bought her new with about 8 miles on her in 12/2002.

Usual culprits: Coils, alternator, sway bar bushings, drivers side heated seat pad. All original window regulators except drivers side. Only had to replace that one due to break in via pried window. Ball joints , tie rods, and all other suspension bushings still original and still in fine condition. Replaced my shocks all around at about 60k when I had the Eibach springs installed. The steering/suspension is probably whats amazing me the most as its troublefree and well put together with no corners cut, in my opinion.

Had my tranny fluid flushed at around 75k just because. Change my own oil with WalMarts brand of full synthetic and fram filters every 10k miles. I had originally planned to keep this car for 8 years (meaning Id be selling it now) but based on how well everything (including interior materials and paint, etc) is holding up and how great she looks (I literally have NO dings or scratches in the paint at all) I plan to now hold on to her for at least two more years. That will allow me to continue paying into my savings account my old car payment that I used to pay..and pay cash for the next replacement for the LS.

Right now Im thinking my replacement will be a used CLS class Benz

Fancy!

Im at 194600 miles on my 01 sport V6. Had bunch of stuff changed over the 7.5 years that i owned it. Has been a good car in last few years. Rides nice, handles good, looks badass. Just washed and waxed it and its sitting in the garage.

For the LSEguy, the CLS is very nice, just make sure you get en AMG model a 55 or a 63. I think the regular 500/550 pretty much is useless in that body style. Maintainance wise they are pretty much the same.

I'm at 195,000 on my 2000 model v8 LS(Sport). Bought it with 103,000. To date(replaced): 2 coils, valve cover gasket, antifreeze coolant bottle, 2 window regulators...and one transmission(lost reverse). Normal maintenance excluded.... Car runs GREAT and looks just as good. Looking forward to hitting 200,000 and posting pics at that time. : )

Members online

Back