$105 for nothing !!!!

antonio fuller

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Went to the dealer because I had a few concerns. I knew even without a check engine light , I have at less one bad coil. I think I also have a leakage issue because I can fell a crazy pop when I put the car in park.
They charged me 105 just to check coils and because the light wasn't on told me they were fine

:confused:

Well, I hope you use this lesson in poor commerce as motivation to learn how to do the work yourself. The guys on this site are a great resource for help if you post up all your symptoms. Your post sounds like a vent, not a plea for help.

Venting understood. :runaway:

Military veteran vs ford dealership. Smdh never good first I have to talk to some sales dude that only wants me to tell him everything I thinks is worng with the car and grt me to sigin some paper giving him the right to screw me over
Then after looking at and 10 dudes walk around doing nothing and my car parked for over an hour they pull it in. Then after another hour the first dude comes back to tell me the coils are fine bu y has no other information bexause he is not the tech but wants me to gi give this cashier $105 that turns into $150 for gods knows what reason less to say eveyone started to look like al qaeda

In my opinion, the hassle of explaining to them about their own warranty, just so they can stress test all the coils, and at best, replace one that meets the "failing" criteria, then having to repeate this process up to 8 times to get each coil done and the huge amount of time that would take is way more of a pain in the ass, then just buying the coils and plugs and doing them yourself in 2 hours.

Yeah I wasn't just coils I have a few issues and I have a extended warranty. Maybe you guys help with advice on what I should just do myself and what I should go and have check hear is the list:
Twice I have got this check advance trac light in the status era I have construction going on in my area and think I may have some suspension issuse I can hear what seems to be a light raddle in the back every now and then almost as if something is bumping around in the truck but its empty

uh they have to fix it for free if its under warranty.. call other local lincoln or ford dealers until you find one that admits the warranty exists.
also if you check the 'specials' or 'service specials' section on the ford/lincoln dealers websites you can occasionally find pretty good coupons. one i see quite often is a free inspection of a whole sht ton of stuff. its a extremely general description on the coupon, but it seems like they are always willing to check quite a bit of specific stuff at certain dealers. i have run into other dealers that didnt want to honor the coupon and did enough to piss me off to the point where i would probably never go back too

Members online

Back