07 mustang GT vs. 05 V8 LS

I thought 05ups Mustangs have 3.55s??? Was that just 05?

in 07 the manual tranny S197 went down to 3.31's... 06 was the last year for the 3.55's

and as for fast and smooth... stock injectors and a stock fuel pump are perfectly acceptable for a mild cam and a 125 shot

who said anything about a terminator? you're bringing in a bunch of cars that have nothing to do with the thread at hand again

and you are missing my point with the heads, although you repeated exactly what I said in different wording.... "HEADWORK!" as you put it.... doesn't give you any bang for buck IMO.... the way the modular 2V heads are designed you can port all day and not see any impressive gains in your flow rate.... gains? sure maybe a couple dozen CFM and a few dozen RWHP... nothing to get excited about.... and although you say the problem in the 2V in the heads (in which you are correct) swapping the cams will yield more gains in both RWHP and RWTQ than the most expensive of head jobs.... henceforth the 2V heads aren't worth the time and money porting them out.. stock flow rates are fine for an N/A applicated 2V... once you crack the engine open that is thousands of dollars for maybe 20-30RWHP... awesome!

not worth the time, money or hassle

not worth the time, money or hassle

Once again, you must understand that is just your opinion. If this other guy wants to do it differently then so be it.

Also I have to disagree with you saying the stocker fuel pump and injectors are good with a mild cam and 125 shot. He is running a wetshot with that cam and bolt ons then his injectors miiiiiiight be able to suffice (but why take the chance), but once again his fuel pump will be close enough to its max duty cycle where replacing it would be the smart thing to do. Do you really think that running 400+ rwhp while spraying is supportable by the stock fuel pump on a Mustang GT? Come on. :rolleyes:

I was pumping gas late at night last week minding my own business, i hear from behind me tires screeching and cars racing wide open. It was a three lane road and it was from a stop at a redlight...there was a new Chevy truck, a new model Mustang GT, and a new model Impala. When i say new they all looked like '07s or close to it. The truck came in last obviously but the Impala wasted the Mustang, couldnt believe it. I would never have picked an Impala in any trim/model killing a GT Mustang like it did. Kinda fun to watch. And yes, i'm sure it was a V8 Mustang and not a V6.

The new impala ss is pretty fast i think there 305hp correct me if am wrong and i know that the 95 impalas where fast i had one it was a super fun car to drive not to fast but i could mve alright.

Can't compare those supercharged SS models to a NA heavy GT. Maybe you (FL) should meet me again over by the gandy so you can see and feel what a Mustang is capable of. Like I said before, FORD has failed to keep up with the competition due to the fact that they were the only one (for a while) making a V8 Muscle car. Now that the Camaro and Challenger are coming out, FORD is trying to come back and hit the spot. The 2V is a fun motor to work in, if you do your own work, like morbid said, it gets expensive. But again, if you like cars and performance, you better learn to do it yourself. There's no excitement in taking your car to a shop for 1 month and pay $$$ to go back and pick it up and drive fast, IMHO. Nothing like enjoying your own work!

Members online

No members online now.
Back