07 mustang GT vs. 05 V8 LS

Morbid Intentions

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
this run was 0-100MPH... as you can see I can launch as well as hold a roll against the pony war machine :D

again... just fun amonst friends, getting some vids out there to show people what a bone stock 2nd gen can do in the RL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27hlqkC2PxM

and this is from a 40 roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bykAUVX6vpc

we talked amongst ourselves after the races and have come to the conclusion that the 3.9L's
2nd gear likes 40MPH ALOT more than both the 2V 4.6L's and the 3V 4.6L's

Looks like he walked ya pretty good.

The guy driving the Mustang did a terrible job and you still got smoked. What's your point?

Wheeee! :steering

What's "the RL"? :confused:

the real life.... people have been giving me sh!t (mostly mustang owners) about claims concerning outlaunching S197 GT's and hanging with new edge GT's as well as smoking SN95 GT's while laying waste to 4.0L stangs... so I just backed up my claims and while it involved an LS I thought I would post it here... but it seems even here I cannot ecscape a pissed off mustang guy upset at his colostomy bag

both the new edge GT I raced and the S197 did all they could do... they never missed a shift and both sound like they are driving an automatic with their shifts... I love mustangs, it's why all my friends drive them and I can race with them so freely, and in claiming that, I know more about stangs that 99.9% of people here.. both cars had stock rubber and as I'm sure you diddn't know after 2006 the S197 GT's came with 3.31 final drive ratio that seriously hindered their capability down low... as this S197 is a 2007 his gearing diddn't hit optimum ability untill 3rd gear came into play... henceforth my lead from a stop... and hang from 2nd

glad I could educate

Who's pissed at you?

I'm actually a Mustang owner now (thank God) and the last time I raced an LS (05) he had BF drags and a 75 wet shot with Xcal tuning, I smoked him on just my motor. Before you start calling BS, I have an 04 GT with full bolt-ons, 32 lbs injectors, aviator pump, heads, cams, 4.10's, LT's, O/R H-pipe and magnaflow. Motor is producing 317 RWHP and 329 Ft.Lbs torque. I also have a 125 wet shot that puts me at 426 RWHP and 479 Ft.Lbs torque. Currently building a block to swap in and finish suspension and tranny work. It will be a higher compression block with a 250 shot. I might go blown if the deal with the flat tops dies down, but I already have some dished diamonds lined up in case. Even if I go with pro charger I'll keep my shot and bring it down to 75. I'm going with an F1 if I go that route...

Good runs.

the real life.... people have been giving me sh!t (mostly mustang owners) about claims concerning outlaunching S197 GT's and hanging with new edge GT's as well as smoking SN95 GT's while laying waste to 4.0L stangs... so I just backed up my claims and while it involved an LS I thought I would post it here... but it seems even here I cannot ecscape a pissed off mustang guy upset at his colostomy bag

both the new edge GT I raced and the S197 did all they could do... they never missed a shift and both sound like they are driving an automatic with their shifts... I love mustangs, it's why all my friends drive them and I can race with them so freely, and in claiming that, I know more about stangs that 99.9% of people here.. both cars had stock rubber and as I'm sure you diddn't know after 2006 the S197 GT's came with 3.31 final drive ratio that seriously hindered their capability down low... as this S197 is a 2007 his gearing diddn't hit optimum ability untill 3rd gear came into play... henceforth my lead from a stop... and hang from 2nd

glad I could educate

I do see allot of S197 owner's with their heads overinflated about what their cars are capable of. SVTP would be one example where I see allot of that. Too many people just assume things without any real knowledge. It just makes it more enjoyable to post hard facts later on that state the contrary. ;)

I actually like the way the new 3V responds to mods, but the aerodynamics and weight of the car does no justice for what the engine is capable of. A guy in a GT (07') with 3.73's, LT, a tune and intake, thought that he had the "stuff" and tried racing this other guy on a Termi! You know the results... The GT ended up getting a P1 pro charger and now can hang with the termi which got a ported Eaton and pulley swap plus a mild tune, that's it. Rotational weight makes a huge difference on the streets.

I actually like the way the new 3V responds to mods, but the aerodynamics and weight of the car does no justice for what the engine is capable of. A guy in a GT (07') with 3.73's, LT, a tune and intake, thought that he had the "stuff" and tried racing this other guy on a Termi! You know the results... The GT ended up getting a P1 pro charger and now can hang with the termi which got a ported Eaton and pulley swap plus a mild tune, that's it. Rotational weight makes a huge difference on the streets.

how come you keep bringing apples to an orange conversation?

the person that was angry was 99 kobra... I could tell in his demeanor, ALOT of people from different forums are pissed at me now and throwing excuses at me... it's actually quite humorous

for you to bring a totally different car into the equation is kind of silly IMO

I had an 2004 GT with full bolt on's 4.10's and a set of BFG's... but we aren't talking about this are we?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx4n3yq55Zc

I do find it sort of odd you swapped up the injectors without having a blower... the stock fuel system can take to aftermarket cams with a hefty shot by means of a simple dyno tune

also I find it funny you swapped up your heads on a N/A 4.6L 2V... that will do nothing for you as the stock heads are fine on an all motor application and even boring them out will give little to no gains as the way modular motor heads are set up there is really no way to get power out of them... and the flow rate will always be their downfall no matter what you do to them or what awesome CNC job you get done

also, your stock fuel pump was sufficient enough as well... again just needed a dyno tune

not trying to be an ass.... but you started back asswards in modding if you want to make power, a clean dyno tune with a dual stage tune incorperating a nitrous tune into a flip switch would have put you in the same performance spectrum without the headwork injectors or pump.... the cams are a waste if the car isn't purpose built IMO, too much money for too little gains, idle is a hassle.... it isn't like a pushrod motor where a cam will rocket you to the moon... (note a single cam)

Its simple really. A Mustang owner doesn't want to except the a Lincoln can run anywhere near it. Mostly ignorance on there part. Obviously they have the better aftermarket...but in basic bolt ons we do fine.

I've ran plenty of Mustangs of all years in the 1/4mile. At the track there is no misbelief as I'm not telling or posting times or videos. They can see me run look at the car and thats that.

Get props all the time for what my LS runs, even by Mustang owners.

I'm not angry. I guess I'm missing your point in posting the videos. When I watch them I see a Mustang being driven by someone who either can't drive well or didn't know he was in a race. I have nothing against LSs, I have one! You keep talking about how the videos show you hung with the Mustang, but the only thing I see is you getting smoked bad.

also I find it funny you swapped up your heads on a N/A 4.6L 2V... that will do nothing for you as the stock heads are fine on an all motor application and even boring them out will give little to no gains as the way modular motor heads are set up there is really no way to get power out of them... and the flow rate will always be their downfall no matter what you do to them or what awesome CNC job you get done

also, your stock fuel pump was sufficient enough as well... again just needed a dyno tune

not trying to be an ass.... but you started back asswards in modding if you want to make power, a clean dyno tune with a dual stage tune incorperating a nitrous tune into a flip switch would have put you in the same performance spectrum without the headwork injectors or pump.... the cams are a waste if the car isn't purpose built IMO, too much money for too little gains, idle is a hassle.... it isn't like a pushrod motor where a cam will rocket you to the moon... (note a single cam)

Um, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you think that the 4.6 2v or 4v will not respond very well to headwork then you better take another look at the gains being made, even in N/A form. Also cams will really wake a 4.6 2V up in N/A form also. I understand that you moderate a mustang forum but you might want to spend a little more time in the tech section because, while you do know a little when it comes to the fuel system, you are totally off on the headwork and cams potential on a 4.6 2v engine. I have personally seen and tuned some VERY stout cammed 4.6 combo's that could damn near put a mild blown 4.6 combo to shame. Also with proper tuning, usually through the injector fuel delay function in the tune you can usually clear the idle issues with cammed car right up. It takes a decent amount of money to do a wild N/A combo right on the 4.6 but it is doable.

Also, you "bore out" cylinders not heads. The proper term is port, but unfortunately too many people confuse hogging metal off the heads as porting when it is not. Not saying you did this, just making a general statement.

Um, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you think that the 4.6 2v or 4v will not respond very well to headwork then you better take another look at the gains being made, even in N/A form. Also cams will really wake a 4.6 2V up in N/A form also. I understand that you moderate a mustang forum but you might want to spend a little more time in the tech section because, while you do know a little when it comes to the fuel system, you are totally off on the headwork and cams potential on a 4.6 2v engine. I have personally seen and tuned some VERY stout cammed 4.6 combo's that could damn near put a mild blown 4.6 combo to shame. Also with proper tuning, usually through the injector fuel delay function in the tune you can usually clear the idle issues with cammed car right up. It takes a decent amount of money to do a wild N/A combo right on the 4.6 but it is doable.

Also, you "bore out" cylinders not heads. The proper term is port, but unfortunately too many people confuse hogging metal off the heads as porting when it is not. Not saying you did this, just making a general statement.

well from my personal tuning with a full bolt on cammed 2V... going too agressive will make it idle like a swamp buggy and sacrifice low end performance... the best numbers I have gotten in an N/A 2V application have been about 290RWHP @ 340RWTQ and that was on the dynojet with a mild cam, 4.10's full LT exhaust (I find the best headers are BBK for gains) UD pullies and 75mm TB and plenum... and from my experience with headwork a bored 2V won't yield numbers that people want.... the 2V heads are so restrictive and coupled with a SOHC design it's very hard to rob enourmous amounts of breathing room without going to DOHC... which is even more money

so for the all the money you will spend on a good cam install wuith a CNC job with full bolt on's... you could have bought a 5.7L pushrod and made just about the same numbers stock... a 2V mod motor just isn't worth the time unless you pop a blower on it IMO

05up GT at the track tonite. Caught 2 of his many passes, 14.4 and 14.1. It was a manual but beyond that for all I know it was stock. My best was 14.3 tonite so I could of hung with it.

I'm not angry. I guess I'm missing your point in posting the videos. When I watch them I see a Mustang being driven by someone who either can't drive well or didn't know he was in a race. I have nothing against LSs, I have one! You keep talking about how the videos show you hung with the Mustang, but the only thing I see is you getting smoked bad.

maybe because I posted two video's... I claimed I can outlaunch a 3V, people callled BS... so I did, both cars went on 3, the mustang diddn't miss a shift and shifted fine... again 3.31 gearing on stock rubber, that is that nice wheelhop sound you hear

I also claimed I can hang with a 2V.. people called BS... so I did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxZi8HvcmAw

^^ this was an O/R Xpipe and catback 5 speed 4.6L BTW

any questions?

the fact you are making excuses for my friend on a driver mod over a bone stock lincoln is a riot in itself... do you think I am blinded by the fact an S197 GT will beat me? no, not at all... but the manner in these two races in which it beats me, leaves something to be desired IMO... espessially talking two entirely different car classes with the luxury car having less displacement.... on paper the 4.6L should be putting buslengths on me up to 100MPH.... but 1 or 2 car lengths isn't that impressive against a lincoln running a 242CI engine

at least IMO

well from my personal tuning with a full bolt on cammed 2V... going too agressive will make it idle like a swamp buggy and sacrifice low end performance... the best numbers I have gotten in an N/A 2V application have been about 290RWHP @ 340RWTQ and that was on the dynojet with a mild cam, 4.10's full LT exhaust (I find the best headers are BBK for gains) UD pullies and 75mm TB and plenum... and from my experience with headwork a bored 2V won't yield numbers that people want.... the 2V heads are so restrictive and coupled with a SOHC design it's very hard to rob enourmous amounts of breathing room without going to DOHC... which is even more money

so for the all the money you will spend on a good cam install wuith a CNC job with full bolt on's... you could have bought a 5.7L pushrod and made just about the same numbers stock... a 2V mod motor just isn't worth the time unless you pop a blower on it IMO

It all depends on preference. I personally have a twisted addiction to listening to my Kenne Bell scream when hitting the gas while seeing the boost gauge peg to 17 psi faster than my eyes can follow. However, others prefer different things. No need to get on anyone's case just because they are going the N/A route, even if it will yield less bang for the buck.

maybe because I posted two video's... I claimed I can outlaunch a 3V, people callled BS... so I did, both cars went on 3, the mustang diddn't miss a shift and shifted fine... again 3.31 gearing on stock rubber, that is that nice wheelhop sound you hear

I also claimed I can hang with a 2V.. people called BS... so I did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxZi8HvcmAw

^^ this was an O/R Xpipe and catback 5 speed 4.6L BTW

any questions?

the fact you are making excuses for my friend on a driver mod over a bone stock lincoln is a riot in itself... do you think I am blinded by the fact an S197 GT will beat me? no, not at all... but the manner in these two races in which it beats me, leaves something to be desired IMO... espessially talking two entirely different car classes with the luxury car having less displacement.... on paper the 4.6L should be putting buslengths on me up to 100MPH.... but 1 or 2 car lengths isn't that impressive against a lincoln running a 242CI engine

at least IMO

I thought 05ups Mustangs have 3.55s??? Was that just 05?

Morbid, perhaps we can learn a few things before throwing bad info out there. Ford has made one good vehicle in the last years, it's called the Terminator. No one have ever come close to building a stock vehicle capable of 1000 HP with some mods like Ford did with the 03-04 Cobra. Forged internals, the right compression and a 6 speed to take it well.
Now, the 2V is the most restricted motor they have ever released. From the NPI to the PI. By judging your "numbers and tuner experience" I can tell that your knowledge can be enhanced a bit. The stock 19# injectors, fuel pump and stock MAF will peg out at around 300 HP (the Maf can take more), but when you do the things I've done, pushing 320+ at the wheels and spraying to almost 450 at the wheels, the last thing you want is some stock injectors in the game. If you don't have the right fuel supply, you won't have the best tuning you can get, therefore increasing your chances of detonation and bad timing, resulting in a blown motor. That's why I have been able to run over 2K miles on a 150 shot to 445 RWHP and 505 TQ and 5000K miles on my stock bottom end pushing 405 RWHP and 474 TQ on my 125 shot Current set-up). I am a N/A person, I have a 12 sec Flat on motor GT, where most "blown" guys that I know are just getting mid-high 12's, why? HEAD WORK! The heads are the restriction in these motors and just with cams you won't get anywhere.

And again, a win is a win, by an inch or by a mile. I can hang with a 550 HP ZO6, but I can't beat it. Don't mix one thing with the other. Honestly, I wouldn't put my self in a position to race someone just to prove that I can hang, "I lost' but it was close". Take it to the track and put money on it. You win by getting there first, not by hanging with them.

As far as money, I don't have that issue, I do it myself. I wish I had the knowledge I have now when I had the LS. I would have taken that little 3.9 apart and done it all! With the heads, cams and all the bolt ons, I've spent little over 2K on my GT, nothing wrong with 2K and a gain of 80 RWHP over stock.

If you think it's expensive to build a N/A GT, try doing the LS...

Members online

No members online now.
Back