06 w/ Factory Navi, MP3, Backup Cam and Bluetooth aftermaket connectors Help??

jgscott

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So can some tell me what the most cost effective pieces to buy to get my new to me 06 LS with Navi to do MP3, Bluetooth and backup camera functions?

I want to do these functions with the LS factory Navigation Stereo system.

Also if anyone has any of these that work good for sale please PM me. Thanks.

So can some tell me what the most cost effective pieces to buy to get my new to me 06 LS with Navi to do MP3, Bluetooth and backup camera functions?

Not gonna happen. For one thing, the resolution on the NAV screen isn't good enough for a back-up camera. For the other stuff the parts are no longer available. I have a PIE adaptor I may be willing to part with. I was planning on putting it in my wife's LS but am not sure I will do it.....

I thought I've seen post of LS members who had the Factory Navi adapted to back up.

You can find a nice double din Pioneer or Kenwood unit that will support Bluetooth, Mp3, Navigation (through an integrated smartphone to be more affordable), and several other options for around $250.

Metra makes an install kit that keeps the OEM look for only $15. And if you order the headunit online from sonicelectronix, they will give you free vehicle specific wiring installation harness and another accessory for free, as well as free shipping.

You'll have to purchase an adapter to preserve the function of your steering wheel controls.

I'd say you could have a very nice unit for $300 if you install it yourself.

You can find a nice double din Pioneer or Kenwood unit that will support Bluetooth, Mp3, Navigation (through an integrated smartphone to be more affordable), and several other options for around $250.

Metra makes an install kit that keeps the OEM look for only $15. And if you order the headunit online from sonicelectronix, they will give you free vehicle specific wiring installation harness and another accessory for free, as well as free shipping.

You'll have to purchase an adapter to preserve the function of your steering wheel controls.

I'd say you could have a very nice unit for $300 if you install it yourself.

Yep, went that route on my 02 LS.

Want to keep the 06 w/Factory Navi, with the voice commands. Does the Pie do Bluetooth also and MP3 all in 1 unit? I not what can you get to do BT?

Yep, went that route on my 02 LS.

Want to keep the 06 w/Factory Navi, with the voice commands. Does the Pie do Bluetooth also and MP3 all in 1 unit? I not what can you get to do BT?

No BT. Ford makes/made an integrated unit; IIRC it was something like $300. I can't remember the name but Lincoln's site should have it.

It can be done, but it won't work very well, and it will cost more than replacing the headunit. I tried it for a while (both handsfree Bluetooth and iPOD integration). You can keep your speakers and your factory amps. You can get an aftermarket deck that uses the VSS signal (works as well as the factory one) and that has voice commands. You can even get one that lets you enter the destination address by voice.

No BT. Ford makes/made an integrated unit; IIRC it was something like $300. I can't remember the name but Lincoln's site should have it.

I think it was called Mobile-ease.

It can be done, but it won't work very well, and it will cost more than replacing the headunit. I tried it for a while (both handsfree Bluetooth and iPOD integration). You can keep your speakers and your factory amps. You can get an aftermarket deck that uses the VSS signal (works as well as the factory one) and that has voice commands. You can even get one that lets you enter the destination address by voice.

Why exactly do you say it wont work very well??

Why exactly do you say it wont work very well??

Control of the iPOD was never good and nothing at all like control from the aftermarket screen.
Aftermarket has the whole contact list on the screen, factory only had "phone" on the screen.

That's what I thought. So where can I get one? It was not on the link?

I'm not sure if it's still made. They were pretty expensive when they were. Please do note that the screen is 1/4 VGA (low resolution) and 256 color (low color).

Guy I appreciate all your help but.... I'm very much understand about the Double Din change and advantages. I have one in my 02! Its a Rosen Carshow Navi, one of the best units out there, with Soundstream amps, and more. Changed out all the door speakers, Trunk Sub, the full works.

Trying not to go that route again:(

Like this one in my 02?

IMG_1205.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back