06 THX speakers upgrade?

I hope no one minds me chiming in on this...

Remember that the speakers make the biggest difference when you're changing something in your stereo. The door speakers made the single biggest improvement over everything else I've done. It was worth it IMO to replace everything in my 2004 but the head unit (it's the basic 6 CD changer) and the rear deck speakers, but it's also all about how much time/money you want to put into your car. It's a hobby for me, so it was completely worth it...

And about the Dynamat...if you're using the self-stick stuff make sure you thoroughly clean the surface you will be applying it to with rubbing alcohol at the least and if you have something better, use that instead. You want the adhesive to have the best chance of sticking. Once that's done, simply stick the stuff where you want it and press it on. If you've got one of the rollers, use that, but if not the heel of your palm will work. One layer will make a big difference, but if it's not quite enough, just put on another and that should take care of it.

be carefull when putting the dynamat on with your hand, the extreme stuff (what most stores carry, dont mess around with the standard black sh!t) has a thin layer of alluminum on the top that can cut the f*&% out of your hand, if i dont have my roller (i recomend the wider rubber one, instead of the smaller wood one)with me, i will use the back side of a craftsman screw driver.
also get the sticky side hot and it will stick much better, by either using a heat gun or a hairdrier

Yes Dynomat will take care of most of your vibrations, I would pull the rear speakers and cover the whole deck top and bottom to ensure no more vibrations/rattles/buzzing. Also on mine the was till some buzzing after I Dynomatted it but nothing like it was. There is a little foam mesh cover in the speaker grilles on the rear deck and the plastic that held it in was doing the buzzing-I removed it and no more buzzing!

Members online

No members online now.
Back