05 V6 LS- Dual Climate Control Problem

Eurythmian

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have searched the site and have read up on what my problem is, I just would like to know how to repair it and what it's going to cost.

When I drove to work this morning the AC was working just fine. After work it's not. It's blowing HOT air out of both sides... slightly cooler on driver's side. I have read many threads and discovered it's the DCCV. My question is, is this something I can replace myself or is it a pain in the ass and hard to get to? I have an extended warranty - wouldn't this be covered under that?

Also, once I was driving and had shut off the AC, I heard a chime and on the readout, it said SRVC ((P)). The manual says to get it serviced ASAP when this happens. This has to do with the PARKING BRAKE. Why would this happen at the same time as my AC freaking out. Could it be an electrical issue?

Please help.

Arlington Jerry Jones or Arlington VA? ;)

Have Pep Boys or somebody pull your codes before you decide on a course of action.

I own two Lincolns and a Cadillac and one thing I LOVE about the Caddy is it will display codes in the Driver Information Center. No need to have them pulled. I wish Ford would have done this too..

Arlington (Jerry Jones) Texas.

It really has me worried with both things happening at once.
Looking at the online Workshop Manual, the climate control issue could amount to several things. It's just finding the one that's the problem.

The Parking Brake issue is just freaking weird.
Why would they make it electric in the first place?
This seems like a problem waiting to happen...

Heck if you're under warranty don't worry about it. Still it would be good to go into the dealer knowing what codes the car is showing. You might scare the service advisor a little with your knowledge. Halloween is coming anyway :D

Sounds like a good idea...

I would still like to know what they need to do to replace the DCCV so I have that knowledge. The more you know when you walk in the less they are to feed you a line and rape you on cost and things which may not be covered.

Is your warranty through Lincoln or a third party? Please don't tell me you have that cr*p they sell on tv!

Well I bought this car through CarMax and got an extended warranty through them. But I can have anyone do the work. I plan on taking it to a Lincoln Mercury Dealership or my trusted mechanic. CarMax insured me the warranty will still apply. I guess I'll find out if that's the case.

Let us know what happens. You ever get up in North Dallas PM me and I'll buy the first round...

Replacing the DCCV.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xc1014.htm~gen~ref.htm

Electronic Parking brake.
There is a TSB about a software problem with the 04/05 parking brake module (it's in the trunk). The TSB says to replace the module. From what I have seen, the issue is temporary and it will also resolve its self in a driving cycle. I have also found that when it starts showing up, it is usually because your battery is getting weak.

Also, Pep Boys will not be able to pull up climate control or parking brake codes. They can usually only do engine codes. My advise, stay as far away from them as you can. Never have car work done there.

Thank you for the link and the info.
Once I find out what the problem is I will be back on to post the info and how it was fixed.

Thanks again.

The part number for the DCCV listed on the chart is 18495.

When I do a search on a FORD Parts site... it does not find this.

Does anyone know the actual part number?

Joegr Has A Point Dont Ever Get Anything Done At Pepboys! If I Were You I Would Try To Check My Batt. Like Joegr Commented.... If Thats Ok I Would Just Take It To Who Ever Your Extended Warranty Suggests. Just Incase It Starts To Tweak Again.... You Can Back Your Self Up By Saying That You Took It To The Place They Recommened You To Go To. Good Luck!

I disconnected the battery to allow the memory to be reset thinking this might fix the SRVC ((P)) issue.

I thought it had until I got to work after 45 minutes of driving. I put the car in park and the warning chime sounded and low and behold it read SRVC ((P)).

I set an appointment with Lincoln Merc to fix the Climate Control and this issue.

I was talking with a car guy at work about this and he said his wife's PT Cruiser was doing the same exact thing. The climate control was blowing hot air and then the warning told her to service her brakes. Her brakes actually over heated. What in the hell does the climate control have to do with the brakes on a car? I'm lost... someone please help.:eek:

I disconnected the battery to allow the memory to be reset thinking this might fix the SRVC ((P)) issue.

I thought it had until I got to work after 45 minutes of driving. I put the car in park and the warning chime sounded and low and behold it read SRVC ((P)).

I set an appointment with Lincoln Merc to fix the Climate Control and this issue.

I was talking with a car guy at work about this and he said his wife's PT Cruiser was doing the same exact thing. The climate control was blowing hot air and then the warning told her to service her brakes. Her brakes actually over heated. What in the hell does the climate control have to do with the brakes on a car? I'm lost... someone please help.:eek:

I can't speak about the Cruiser, but in your case, the two problems are completely unrelated ( and unfortunately not uncommon) on the LS.

I can't speak about the Cruiser, but in your case, the two problems are completely unrelated ( and unfortunately not uncommon) on the LS.

Thanks for the info... my appointment is first thing Monday morning of next week. I don't plan on driving the car over the weekend.
I do need to drive home - which is a 28 mile drive... do I need to worry about anything? I don't want the brakes over heating. As far as I can tell, the Parking Brake is not activated even though it is lit up. :(

Thanks for the info... my appointment is first thing Monday morning of next week. I don't plan on driving the car over the weekend.
I do need to drive home - which is a 28 mile drive... do I need to worry about anything? I don't want the brakes over heating. As far as I can tell, the Parking Brake is not activated even though it is lit up. :(

No need to worry about anything. Usually the parking brake still works even when the light is on. Have you tried applying and releasing it a few times?

Yes I have activated and deactivated the Parking Brake several times and checked to see if it is actually deactivated before driving around.

No burning brake pads... thank GOD! :shifty:

I went out tonight and drove around for about an hour. The Warning for the Parking Brake never came on once. Very strange.

The AC is still blowing HOT as HELL!!!

But hey, the car looks Freaking Awesome!!!

LOL:)

Just got off the phone with the dealership.
They diagnosed the issue as being a short in the DCCV (Dual Climate Control Valve) which made the AC Compressor leak and is also causing the Computer to trip and freak out. The nearest thing the computer comes up with is Service Parking Brake. Computers... Gotta love’m.

My Warranty is covering everything.
Thank God!!!

Just got off the phone with the dealership.
They diagnosed the issue as being a short in the DCCV (Dual Climate Control Valve) which made the AC Compressor leak and is also causing the Computer to trip and freak out. The nearest thing the computer comes up with is Service Parking Brake. Computers... Gotta love’m.

My Warranty is covering everything.
Thank God!!!

Sorry, but I'm buying all of that.

A shorted DCCV is not uncommon, so I buy that.
There is no way at all that the short in the DCCV could cause any sort of AC compressor leak! It could blow the fuse and prevent the compressor clutch from engaging, but that is fixed by changing the fuse. (It is common for the DCCV to leak engine coolant, and for that leak to cause a short in the DCCV.)

There is no way the computer network threw a parking brake code/light instead of the climate control code. The problem with the parking brake is not at all related! You may or may not see a parking brake warning again in the future. These things seem to be a little flaky and may trigger a light every great once in a while. Usually (as in your case) the problem is temporary and resolves itself. Just don't believe any bull that it was related to the DCCV.

Sorry, but I'm buying all of that.

A shorted DCCV is not uncommon, so I buy that.
There is no way at all that the short in the DCCV could cause any sort of AC compressor leak! It could blow the fuse and prevent the compressor clutch from engaging, but that is fixed by changing the fuse. (It is common for the DCCV to leak engine coolant, and for that leak to cause a short in the DCCV.)

There is no way the computer network threw a parking brake code/light instead of the climate control code. The problem with the parking brake is not at all related! You may or may not see a parking brake warning again in the future. These things seem to be a little flaky and may trigger a light every great once in a while. Usually (as in your case) the problem is temporary and resolves itself. Just don't believe any bull that it was related to the DCCV.

I hear ya... and I completely understand. The important thing is what they said at the end of the conversation. "Your warranty is covering all the repairs and labor costs." If they fix all of it and the issues are resolved, I'll be thrilled.

It does seem impossible for the DCCV to cause a Parking Brake malfunctions. I just laughed when they told me this... Oh well - they are fixing it.

If the SRVC ((P)) warning displays again, it will be back.
At least it has been hassle free. The warranty pays for my rental up to 7 days and I just pay my deductible. Enterprise Rental is on site so I dropped off the car and went over everything with the rep, got my rental and was out of their with in 8 minutes. I was shocked... I had told everyone I would be late for work and I actually got to work early. The dealership called me an hour later and gave the run down. It should be fixed this evening.

I can't complain - at this point... they have been great!

Nope, no reason to complain. Many (most or all?) dealerships use service advisers that have no technical training and no idea how any car works. They frequently incorrectly translate what the mechanic working on the car has to say.

The dealer I use just gives out loaner cars from the used cars they have on the lot.

Nope, no reason to complain. Many (most or all?) dealerships use service advisers that have no technical training and no idea how any car works. They frequently incorrectly translate what the mechanic working on the car has to say.

The dealer I use just gives out loaner cars from the used cars they have on the lot.

I bought this car from CarMax and purchased the extended warranty when I bought it. Dealing with CarMax was such a pain in buttOx that I will never take it there for anything. I have a trusted mechanic I would normally take my vehicles to but decided to take this to a Lincoln Mercury Dealership because of the warranty. Not that I know they work with this dealership without a glitch, it's a huge relief. I was afraid they would give me nothing but problems.

This car only has 29K on it. Should it be having these kinds of issues this early in it's life? I understand things happen and cars do have things go wrong with them. I don't have problems with repairs as long as they don't come weekly.

Goodluck

Hey, some people have had little problems with the LS and others like myself have had miserable luck with these cars. You got a 50/50 chance!

ok same prob but mine started today. the driver side is set at 60degrees and so is the pass. but the driver is blowing out ice cold like it should the pass and the other hand is blowing hot hot air. a/c button is on too. i ended up goign home and then left again about hr later and well it is just fine bothe sides ice cold. Any ideas what this could be ?? im really confused :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back