05 LS overhearing

The threads on the non OEM bottles are not good. I had to disassemble the cap that i was using prior to changing the bottle in order to get the weaker spring form there. Then i put that one on the cap that the bottle came with. The other caps simply dont want to seal on this bottle, but thats the risk of non OEM, after all that one was 4 times cheaper than the OEM its expected to be of worse quality.

Well after putting a new gasket on and the ford thermostat again the problem is solved I think. It bled quickly per the instructions and actually got heat. Might have a tiny bit of air left as it got up to 220 degrees when I got home but I drove it around all day and it stayed between 194 - 212 most of the day. The problem was definitely the degas bottle everything else was motorcraft when I replaced it four years ago. The only thing that was doorman was the degas bottle. I should of known better and just started there and avoided all the rest of the headache. Thanks for the help. The LS SURVIVES another day. Haha

Members online

No members online now.
Back