03 LS Rescue!

Cheers

Looks good... Welcome

:Beer

^^

Nice job, there's real value in "totaled" LSes for those with some courage. I've seen some tempting project LSes on CL here but have no space and too many projects as it is.

BTW, just looked at this thread before lunch and headed out of the office and was at an intersection in my silver LS with gold LS (never have seen that color) behind me and a white LS across the intersection. 3 LSes at the same place at the same time. Driven LSes since '00 and thats NEVER happened.

lol. its what came with the wheels. im gonna rock them until i have a reason the change them. its is kinda scary though. i see a bent rim in the future.

there is good value in totalled cars. ive done a few. but never a ls. and with this 1 im keeping it so im using all oem parts replacing all bent structure instead of trying to straighten and save peices,plus i had another ls i jacked up last yr so there was a bunch of $ i saved on parts. its only has 67,000 miles on it so ill be keeping it for awhile.

thank you guys for the compliments on my work.the ls is gonna be a hard car to come up with something for a paint scheme. but heres is some of my other work and well as a porsche i did that won a isca award. once i get there in a few month its gonna be hard, but painting to me is my passion and ill have fun no mater what headaches this ls project gives me.

190574_1899601892016_6833919_n.jpg

390331_2638465763151_1300721952_33047431_1823944096_n.jpg

227491_2017091349179_1300721952_32403898_3121451_n.jpg

262514_2243512529567_1300721952_32677374_2298545_n.jpg

191519_1899531490256_1300721952_32237518_4742267_o.jpg

That Porsche paint is amazing :eek:

What type of paint is it?

Also this is a really sweet project man. Congrats on the save and awesome ingenuity.

thanks guys. the type i use on these is dupont wich is what we use at work. all my airbrush and custom paint is on the side thru the shop and i wanna get away from it so much and start using companies like alsa or house of kolor. so after i paint it back to the oem black (ua) ill be doing the rest of my graphics and clear in 1 of those. not quite sure yet though

i know theres alot of back and forth on here about suicide doors. some say yes some say no. i really like them and never tried to do them yet. so im gonna take that on and see what i can do with them.

Personally I dont think suicide doors would look too bad on an LS although they're generally not to my liking.

ive seen them on 1 online. i thought it was poretty cool of adding old school lincoln doors to the new school. everyones liking are diffrent some will like some wont. either way its how i wanna do it.

ive seen them on 1 online. i thought it was poretty cool of adding old school lincoln doors to the new school. everyones liking are diffrent some will like some wont. either way its how i wanna do it.

Right on. In the end that's all that really matters.

I hate all those little JDM knuckleheads that destroy perfectly good econobox grocery getters for the sake of winning their peers' approval.

thanks the fun will begin after this inspection. should have my coolant system parts i need to get it all buttoned up and ready early next week. after it will come back for the fun stuff. ill be posting pics as long as they keep my thread up. im under a sriving suspension right now and dont get them back till end of june. and i wanna rock this the first day back! lol

nice, what's that cooking on the rotisserie back there? Late 60's Galaxie?

Badasss depth with the paint

the 1 on the rotisserie is a cornet. (im not sure of the yr and dont wanna put the wrong 1) its a early 1 though. maybe 64?? ill find out for sure. i guess from what the owner says ( who is a die hard mopar old school guy) its very rare with the convertible top and the engine and options wich makes it a very high dollar car to restore. i havent really worked on that 1 much. (other than welding the floor seam together cause it suppose to have enough torgue to twist a kink in the quarters!!) its more of my coworkers job who is a amazing metal worker and mud guy and painter also. nowadays its off the rotisserie the underneath is jet black and clear. we were hoping the owner would have it done for the cleveland autorama on march 17th but he is still doing the interior and all at the shop now. looks like its first show will be piston power at the ix center around september. its a barret jackson quality car. my boss and coworker have done a amazing job on it!!

i also should not take all the credit on the porsche. my boss also had a hand in it. i did the metal in the fenders and mud work, filled all the holes from whatever the mid ohio team did to it. got it all staright for him to shoot and masked for him. wetsanded and buffed. we are all combo guys and work together as a team. Erie Coast Family

I Got a inspection date on tuesday. Our idea of taking all the old pig tails and spliced the o1 headlights into the 03 work. the headlights work , no check engine lights, and runs like a beast!

Members online

No members online now.
Back