03+ all red tails?

buddyleee5

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know that 02v8sport has them from his lse kit, but this was more of a question of, is it possible to paint the top part of the tail light red? Is there any way to do that? I know on my friend jeep he painted his turn signal and it came out great. If i can't paint the tail light where can i find the lse tails?

there was all red available for 03+. I asked about it before, think they are the japanese version?

No the 03+ all red are LSE tails. I got mine from Bill at Team Ford. About $250 or so for the set.

vbpgimage.jpg

my bad. pre 03 TWO TONE were the japanese right? Nice ride, I saw a black 03+ with the all red tails once...looks hot.

nope - 03+ all have two-tone unless they are the all red LSE version.

pre-03 are all red - except for the two-tone japanese version.

All red tail lights are the only way to go with a Red LS.
LS6.jpg

my tail lights look like this now, sorry for the bad pic, but is it possible to get some sort of paint to paint the tails with to make them all red?

Picture 006.jpg

I read you can use like a translucent red spray paint and some coats of clear on top but I've never seen how it looks in person. I might try it and do the backup lights too, like this photoshop on T_Man's sexy LS :shifty:
untitled0sw.jpg

owlman said:
I read you can use like a translucent red spray paint and some coats of clear on top but I've never seen how it looks in person. I might try it and do the backup lights too, like this photoshop on T_Man's sexy LS :shifty:
untitled0sw.jpg
Tony, that would look pretty good. You should give Jon a shout at Jon's Tinted Tails. He can do that sort of thing and he is good.

owlman said:
untitled0sw.jpg

before i saw that pic i didn't think i was going to like the red reverse lights, but now i think that max tmans sexy ls sexier.

That is a way cool idea, guys!
I never even considered that till now.

Thanks

buddyleee5 said:
my tail lights look like this now, sorry for the bad pic, but is it possible to get some sort of paint to paint the tails with to make them all red?

If that does not workout, let me know and I will get you a good price on the 03+ solid reds, Lincoln OEM baby!.

:I That's where I got mine :I

Just heard from Jon's Tinted Tails about doing the backup lights and the cost would be $135 shipped to tint them red.

So I may do that. :cool:

How would the red reverse affect the backing up vision? It does look pretty cool.

:eek:
T_Man said:
:I That's where I got mine :I

Just heard from Jon's Tinted Tails about doing the backup lights and the cost would be $135 shipped to tint them red.

So I may do that. :cool:

I wish I could pull that off but no way it will happen in Mass. I would get pulled over daily and never pass another inspection. Time to move to a state with no inspections.

just buy an extra clear set and switch them for inspection. I can't remember the last time a cop was behind me and I was in reverse??

I didn't see anything in the Texas code restricting backup lamp color, and backup lamps are not on the list of safety inspection criteria.
See if you can find a list of inspection criteria for your state.

Besides..... Who needs backup lights when you have Rear Park Assist? :p

Though people behind you may get the wrong idea and not realize that you are in reverse.
:eek:

I bought some transparent red paint and clear coat, we'll see what happens. I might end up needing new lights! :slap:

Members online

No members online now.
Back