03/04 Cobra head swap to 95 Mark viii block

CobraTbird

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright so I'm thinking about installing a Eaton M112 from a 03/04 cobra to my 95 Lincoln motor. I know there's a lot that goes into doing that kind of a build but I'm trying to start at the base of the system which to me is: can I even mount the super to my engine. I know that the super charger won't go my engine with the current heads because they are split port style "B" heads. The 01 and up Cobras run "C" heads.

My question is: Will 03 or 04 Mustang Cobra "C" heads bolt up to my 95 Lincoln block.

Any knowledge on block differences between, what seems to be, the three different generations of 4.6 32 valve engines would be greatly appreciated.

It will fit directly.
Actually many 2003-04 Cobra owners using Teksid blocks (Mark VIII 1993-1998 or Cobra 1996-98).
It is actually one of the strongest aluminium blocks that Ford have produced.
If you upgrade to ARP2000 headstuds, then torque to max 90lbft. Above that it can crack the block.

You will have to remove the knock sensor bosses in the block valley for the supercharger base to clear. Physically, the heads/intake from the 03/04 will bolt up; you will also have to use the front plate and complete dress.

It will fit directly.
Actually many 2003-04 Cobra owners using Teksid blocks (Mark VIII 1993-1998 or Cobra 1996-98).
It is actually one of the strongest aluminium blocks that Ford have produced.
If you upgrade to ARP2000 headstuds, then torque to max 90lbft. Above that it can crack the block.

That's what I was thinking thanks so much for the info. I will totally be upgrading the head studs as well.

You will have to remove the knock sensor bosses in the block valley for the supercharger base to clear. Physically, the heads/intake from the 03/04 will bolt up; you will also have to use the front plate and complete dress.

Thanks for the reply. I actually have the stock intake off my engine right now and I saw those knock senors and I can see where fitment will be an issue. If by front plate you mean timing cover I had already planned on buying that because I knew the accessory drive system is different on the Cobras

Yes, timing cover/accessory brackets/pulley bridges/pullies................the entire front dress.

While in there, switch to the Cobra pump or go with billet oil pump gears and a Cobra oil pickup tube. Since you have the cover off, switch to the 2001+ one-piece crank timing chain gear and also look into retrofitting the larger SOHC chain tensioner pivot pins (for durability).

MMR makes some great pins.
http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/

There's a ton of little things that can make a big difference.

I just bought a pair of those pins because I'm putting a Teksid 2v in my Grand Marquis (for weight reduction/ fuel efficiency).

Check it out.

And, timing DOHC motors are a pain.

-ryan s.

Yup, the little details is what separates a long-lived powerful build from a short-lived powerful build. Part of the reason that Supercars cost so much is the little details.

With that said, scour the 'Net for the best ways to beef up the Teksid block, and what components to use. These things are capable of great things and silly revs if build correctly with quality components (but it will NOT be cheap).

That makes sense. I only have about a $1000 in my car right now and that's with the cost of me buying the car. So I'm not afraid to put 3 to 4 grand into it.

$3-4K will vanish as quickly as smoke in a windstorm with these cars. I have about that into mine (I bought it for $850 and due to my own stupidity am having to put front sheetmetal on it) in 'upgrades' and performance enhancements. To be honest, I can't really see where it went, it goes that quickly and is hidden from view in most cases. The Cobra brakes upgrade, sway bar upgrades, Bilstien rear shock upgrades (with the appropriate shock mounts), ASHAM8, Trac-Lock 4.10 carrier, 1-piece driveshaft, Cobra intake swap, ported Cobra manifolds and dual exhaust, SCT XCal3, 255lph fuel pump and upgraded fuel lines (not counting all of the salvage yard parts pulled to fix the typical MKVIII issues)..............................that ate the best part of $3000.

With that much cash available, you could always search for a newer 5.0 Coyote motor.
Just saying.

-ryan s.

Truck Coyotes can be had for about $3500-4500, computer and harness for another $500-700 (depending on yard). While this isn't bad, spend the extra and get a fresh crate with computer/harness from Ford and go from there if Coyote is your ultimate plan.

I missed a sweet deal because I waited a day too long (procrastination is indeed a BAD thing). A local yard had a 48,000 mile 97 MKVIII. Motor went for $300 complete.

Members online

No members online now.
Back