02 Lowering concerns

kenbelanger

2002 LSE V8
Reaction score
I just purchased some Eibachs for my 02 LSE.
After installing springs, will I be able to set my camber back to specs?

Thanks
Ken

You will most likely have some negative camber in your front wheels that will be permanent. The camber bolt kits have been discussed many times and most owners have been unpleased with their ability to fix the remaining camber.

Just rotate your tires regularly and if you get some irregular tire wear remount swapping the tires on the front two wheels (moving the inner tire wear to the outer side of the tire)

You will most likely have some negative camber in your front wheels that will be permanent. The camber bolt kits have been discussed many times and most owners have been unpleased with their ability to fix the remaining camber.

Huh, I had not heard that. Most folks are not getting satisfactory results with the camber kits?

^
I would have to agree.. You can get it pretty close without the kit but I'm assuming that you can get it dead on with the kit.. That is assuming though because I have no experience with said kit..

Huh, I had not heard that. Most folks are not getting satisfactory results with the camber kits?

Ditto. I have the kit (front only) and the camber is adjustable back to factory specs. The rear isn't adjustable and you will have -1°.

I have no experience with the kit since I do not own it. What I was referring to was Quik's comments on some threads about it. I took what he said to be the truth as he is like our local Budda of information. I do have some negative camber in my front wheels so if these bolts do in fact work maybe I should pick some up

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=48157&postcount=6

you are killing tires for no benefit. i've driven several cars through the route from home to work. go stock. the 225 width is kind of low, but the car drives so amazing on it. this is a driver's car.

tire width, pressure, camber, castor and toe- they don't mean squat when you are cruising on the freeway...

I recall someone making the rear adjustable. He ovaled the holes and used washers to get the rear with in factory specs.

I recall someone making the rear adjustable. He ovaled the holes and used washers to get the rear with in factory specs.

Not a wise thing to do in an aluminum arm. The suspension parts are cast and all one needs to do is catch a microscopic void or weak spot and the piece will fail. One degree of negative camber should be fine as long as the tires are rotated regularly.

Not a wise thing to do in an aluminum arm. The suspension parts are cast and all one needs to do is catch a microscopic void or weak spot and the piece will fail. One degree of negative camber should be fine as long as the tires are rotated regularly.

I tried a google advanced search and still came up empty. I'm not really sure how he did it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back