02 lincoln ls problem....

j_boogeytc

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I NEED HELP.. i have a 2002 lincoln ls v8, i just bought it a few dayz ago and worked fine til today i noticed while i was driving i sorta stepped on it a bit not floor it but stepped on it a little and it was like it stutterd and kinda revved high like it missed shift.. i jus hope its not a tranny problem.. also i noticed when im in park i rev the motor and it starts shaking at about 3500rpm is it normal thank you...

whats a 3.5 the motor is a 3.9.. and i havent drove it since an hour ago but it still does the shaking at park when revved high... would fuel injectors be the culprit? thnxx

between the first gen (2000-2002) and second generation (2003-2006) LS's, the first gen will continuously cut the throttle out at 3500rpm like FastLLS said. The second Generation will continuously hold the rev at 3500 without cutting out as hard as the first gen. that would cause the vibration though. and did you step hard on the pedal hard and then let off? that would cause it to down shift and rev high between gears.

ok kinda makes sense bout the throttle, and i kinda styepped hard but didnt floor it you know and also when i was driving on freeway i was goin about 55-60 normal idle and i jus barely stepped on da gas a lil and it kinda felt like it down shifted then back up and then the car got goin the whole car sorta jerked a lil but i didnt punch it i jus went from like 60-65 jus sppeding up not flooring it..

i noticed it when i was on highway going 60 normal idle i stepped on gas just a little and it felt like a slight jerk/ downshift and i looked at the rpm and it revved high then back down and jerked then got goin but i didnt floor it which is weird..

I thought everyone knew what K meant.. 1 times 10^3.. So 3.5, move the decimal 3 places to the right and you get 3500.. A little math lesson here.. rofl

i noticed it when i was on highway going 60 normal idle i stepped on gas just a little and it felt like a slight jerk/ downshift and i looked at the rpm and it revved high then back down and jerked then got goin but i didnt floor it which is weird..

Like it shifted down into 4th? Because it thought that you were passing, then went back into 5th? That's normal son

haha, Fast i knew what it meant but i figured i'd spell it out :D

and yeah i wouldnt worry about it. I think it just downshifted. you dont have to floor it for it to downshift. i think your pushed the pedal down to where is was going to downshift and then you let off the pedal which caused it to rev.

Not sure he means kicking down to 4th. I think he might mean or be talking about the converter unlocking???

whats a 3.5 the motor is a 3.9.. and i havent drove it since an hour ago but it still does the shaking at park when revved high...

LMAO That's the best ! Lolololl. How do I make this into a um .. I think its a signature. The permanent quote at the bottom of all my posts ?

I remember thinking it was weird when I first got mine.

The transmission in the LS is very different than other cars ive driven. I like how it lets you know that you are shifting...at times it feels like a manual going through the gears.

Also i like when i go under 40mph and it downshifts and i can hear my exhaust as im coasting down to a redlight or merging off a ramp.

i just dont get how people dont understand the rev limiter, when i got my 1st gen, i tried to rev it in park just to head how the exhaust sounded, and even i never had a car with one i knew as soon as it just leveled out what was going on.

"it just seems to hover perfectly at a certian RP every time but drives great in every other gear"

really? i mean its one thing if it was every once and a while, but damn, it keeps coming up all the time.

i would sure be embarrassed if i was a greenhorn and instead of searching around and finding the answer, i asked such an obvious question that totally showed off how helpless i was and no one helped me afterward.

another thing i noticed today when i first the car it takes bout 3-4 seconds to start the car..but only the first time/cold starts....but once started itll crank right up....and the first time when it struggles once it starts after a few seconds..it smells like gas but jus for a few seconds....

another thing i noticed today when i first the car it takes bout 3-4 seconds to start the car..but only the first time/cold starts....but once started itll crank right up....and the first time when it struggles once it starts after a few seconds..it smells like gas but jus for a few seconds....

Are you pressing the accelerator when you're starting the car? You're not supposed to and if you are you are flooding the engine. If not, I would suspect a leaky injector.

Members online

Back