00' 3.9ls wont rev over 3k rpm

Btroxl

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a ls that needed upper timing chains so I replaced the chains an tensioners. got the car all back together an it runs fine right up to 3k rpm an then just falls flat on its face almost like its hitting a rev limiter. Any thoughts on what might be going on here? also the car has brand new cats an coils.

-Brian

Jus be happy none of the lvc guys like Linc and Knowledge didn't post on this lol. But yea, its jus a rev limiter. Your car isn't brokededed or nuffin (I don't really spell/talk like that)

Jus be happy none of the lvc guys like Linc and Knowledge didn't post on this lol. But yea, its jus a rev limiter. Your car isn't brokededed or nuffin (I don't really spell/talk like that)

Lies!! :bash:

n ah his question wasnt that dumb....i figured he knew about the rev limiter so he was askin about the rev limiter hittin 3k while actually driving the vehicle buuuuttttt i guess i was wrong...dumba$$

n ah his question wasnt that dumb....i figured he knew about the rev limiter so he was askin about the rev limiter hittin 3k while actually driving the vehicle

That's what I originally thought. Can't be givin ppl the benefit of the doubt all willy nilly n shh.

n ah his question wasnt that dumb....i figured he knew about the rev limiter so he was askin about the rev limiter hittin 3k while actually driving the vehicle buuuuttttt i guess i was wrong...dumba$$

I was going to say that too. I thought he would have atleast tried reving it past 3k before so he knew about the limiter and meant while driving it wouldn't go past 3k.

Members online

No members online now.
Back