3.jpg

2000 Lincoln LS V8 Progress

Updates and mods done to my 2000 Lincoln LS V8 sport starting in the summer of 2017

General Description

Bought this car with 139K miles in the summer of 2017 for $500 cash. Seller had tried to connect a salvage yard electric fan as the hyro fan wasn't working, and in the process, blew the PCM fuse and let the car sit almost 3 years because it wouldn't start..i kid you not. Had the car running in under half an hour after getting it towed home. I converted the fan to electric using a 16'' Spal fan mated to an aluminum shroud controlled by a AUTO COOL 85 PWM CONTROLLER and eliminated the fan pump while disassembly to upgrade the entire timing chain. I installed the controller in the dash behind the access panel on the passenger side. I purchased the controller from:

https://www.autocoolguy.com/product-page/auto-cool-85-pwm-controller

Over the past year and a half I have added Gen 2 halogen headlights, but retained the Gen 1 bumper doing some mods to the lights and bumper support. A Gen 2 LSE rear spoiler, new LSE rear plate bezel, 2006 front grille, 2006 folding mirrors with LED puddle lamps, 18'' Volvo XC90 wheels, 1'' lowering springs, complete front and rear suspension new, and brand new NOS carpet. Audio upgrades were a 7'' touchscreen Pioneer, Focal Expert 6 1/2 components in the front, Focal 5x7 coaxial's in the rear doors, and Focal ISU570 5" x 7" components in the rear deck area installed in the prem audio option ABS enclosure. The enclosure speakers and tweeters powered by a FOCAL SOLID2 BLACK 2 CHANNEL amp. All door panels and rear deck plastics were spray dyed factory Ford graphite shades and other interior upgrades was a NOS shift assembly, walnut steering wheel, and USB ports added to the passenger side walnut molding area for smartphone charging. Other upgrades were LED brake, signal, fog, and interior overhead lamp lights.

Pics added will begin with how the car looked when i bought it, got it home, some mods mentioned done, and how it looks now.

Update: Finally sourced a rare set of four Japanese taillights. Going to add a 2006 front bumper cover soon that will have white halo LED fogs that match the headlights.
Update March 2020: 2006 bumper cover, halo headlights, halo LED fogs added. Rare optional perforated Gen1 seats added and dyed dark graphite to match interior theme. One piece aluminum cold air intake added.

Comments

Wow. And all you needed to do was change the PCM and fan? How many miles were on it?

The front light enclosures are even clear (not faded). VERY nice LS.

What a great job you've done with this restoration. My hat's off to you for all the photos as well. I really like those Volvo rims which really show off your brakes. Really like the copper color contrast, what brand are they or did you paint them custom?

What a great job you've done with this restoration. My hat's off to you for all the photos as well. I really like those Volvo rims which really show off your brakes. Really like the copper color contrast, what brand are they or did you paint them custom?
Painted them but wanna add the bigger Jaguar brakes if they will clear the 18'' wheels

Very VERY nice job~! I commend you on your "detail" work. Great job of selected improvements. Not too over the top, just right. I have a Silver '02 Sport model with a PowerStop Drilled and slotted rotor kit from Rock Auto (I also cleaned and epoxied the calipers red - now you can buy them already done!) Thats about it other than normal "LS Maintenance" - Clock Spring, Fuel pump and filter, Coil Pack upgrades, Cooling system, Sunroof, AC, etc, etc... HA! What are the dimensions of your Volvo wheels? Offset? Was that finish the way they came? They are a great but subtle upgrade!

Item information

Category
LVC Member Photos
Added by
Carl Smith
Views
Watchers
Comments
Last update

More in LVC Member Photos

Share this item

Back