i11519.jpg

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC

General Description

These are several pictures of my 1997 Mark VIII LSC.

I purchased the pearl white '97 LSC in March 2010 for my wife. At that time, we had a '96 Mark VIII and a '94 4x4 Explorer. We needed another car as a spare in case one broke down. The man I bought the Explorer from also had the pearl white '97 LSC and asked me if I wanted it. I discussed it with my wife and she wanted it, so we got it. The front air spring/shocks were replaced in March, 2011 with new Arnott units. No problems so far. And I replaced both UCA's, LCA's, sway bar links, and tie rod ends in the front in March of 2011. I still have to replace the strut rod bushings, though. It has a set of P245/50HR16 directional tread tires on factory chrome 10-spokes. All interior lights have been converted to blue LED's and the hi-beams are now 5000K HID's. I really love this car!

I just sold the '96 Mark and my wife got a 1996 Mustang Cobra convertible in May with only 46K miles on it. So we are back to 3 vehicles again. I alternate between driving the Exploder and the Mark while my wife drives only the Mustang. Getting her to let me drive the car is like pulling teeth. She's very protective of her Mustang:)

I recently upgraded my stereo to a Boss DVD player head unit. I like it a lot. It wasn't one of the high dollar name brand units, but it looks good and does everything I need it to do.

Also got a good set of used rear air springs from NoLimit95 and installed them to replace my leaky 200K mile rear springs:D It's much nicer now.

Unfortunately, my P/S front air shock has started to act up a little. I'm getting the dreaded "clunking" sound associated with Arnott shocks when they start to bind up. That pisses me off. That shock has been in the car for well over a year! Anyhoo, I've found an OEM front shock with 86k miles on it. But I've got to sell some stuff on fleaby to raise the money to buy it. Wish me luck!

Oh well, didn't sell anything on fleabay so I didn't get the 86k mile OEM air shock. But the good news is that my front Arnott shock is apparently okay. Turns out that I apparently didn't tighten my lug nuts enough last time I had the wheel off. I took the front wheels off to (try to) sensor lower the car and the lug nuts on the right front were extremely loose. I'm surprised the fargin' wheel didn't fall off:eek:!!! Anyhoo, after re-tightening the lug nuts and getting the front end to lower just a tad, the clunking noiose went away. So far so good.

Comments

So SWEET and to see a fellow Trekkie!! I worked on Voyager and had the chance to hang with some very cool folks as well as attending Gene's funeral. If you'd like to share, so would I. Gorgeous car!!!

Thanks! It is pretty awesome to see another Trekkie on here. It's also seriously cool that you worked on Voyager. And that you got to attend GR's funeral. I'm a die hard TOS fan myself. I've seen every episode of all the series except DS9 and all the movies. I'm not a fan of the new Trek reboot, though. I met Leonard Nimoy at a book signing in Raleigh in 1995 and John DeLancie at a convention in Durham in '96. And I've got all three seasons of TOS-R and all 10 movies on DVD. I've got a few Trek toys and collectibles too.

Item information

Category
LVC Member Photos
Added by
thaywood
Views
Comments
Last update

More in LVC Member Photos

More from thaywood

• Misc
    Just a bunch of miscelaneous pictures of junk and stuff. Do you believe there mayhaps could...

Share this item

Back