i2488.jpg

1980 Continental Mark VI Signature Series - 2dr

General Description

This is a rare 1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series 2dr. Beauitul Signature Series Sliver metallic paint and inside is beauitful dark red, Texas Bordello velour seats. Does have power moonroof! This car has 351W V8 2bbl; only 99,450 ORIGINAL KILOMETERS, that mean 61,800 original miles.

In my understanding about 1980-1981 Mark VI Signature Series are rare, unique, and often misunderstood examples of the Mark Heritages. Many of them are completely unaware of the difference between a Signature Series Town Car, and a Signature Series Mark VI (or between a 1980/1981 model and the subsequent 1982/1983 models). This 'Series' identification was applied to the Mark VI, before it become a Town Car trademark.

Additionally, the 1980 and 1981 Mark VIs share the distinction of being the equivalent and subsequent standard bearers of the heralded 1978 Diamond Jubilee and 1979 Collector's Series Mark V's. The Extensive list of standard and special features, unique to the 1980 and 1981 Mark VI Signature Series, two-door and four-door models.

One undeniable fact remains: the 1980 and 1981 Mark VI Signature Series is the rarest and most exclusive of all sixth-generation Marks.

1980-1981 Signature Series's interior color only one is dark red (whatever in leather seats or velour seats). Also 1980-1981 Signature Series's paint is only available two colors is Dark Red and Silver Metallic. But interesting in second half of 1981 Signature Series of Mark VI offered two new color is black and white.

Comments

Very sweet car, bro. I own a very clean, all original,except for paint, fully equip, 83 signature 4 dr. For very cheap and I fell in love with it.

Nice car I picked up An 80 Mark VI needs some work thought engine tranny a1 where do I find parts.....

Jason, Looks like we have virtual twins, except for the interior; mine is red leather. '80 Mark VI has 46k miles, 351W w/AOD, AM/FM/Cassette w/ Premium Sound, Garage door transmitter, remote deck release. Going in for paint (Texas sun did a job on the silver metallic, but not the interior...musta been protected).

Item information

Category
LVC Member Photos
Added by
Jason_MarkVI
Views
Comments
Last update

More in LVC Member Photos

More from Jason_MarkVI

Share this item

Back