Fuel Line question

Sapperfire

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This is reguarding a 98 Taurus, just hoping one of you have made this repair..

The fuel line after the FPR has split, it's a hard plastic line, where it meets the fuel rail there is a quick disconnect.
Has anyone ever replaced just the plastic hose, it appears to be heat shrunk onto the FPR and quick connect fitting

Hi Sapperfire
Years ago there was a repair for that. Now they want you to replace the complete line. What we did have was a clamping device to hold the line and it would force the same fitting back into the new line...of course a warm line would work better than a cold one. We also put splice repairs into them as well. Most did not want to repair a 'fuel' line so it fell by the wayside and parts are no longer available. I, personally, would not have a problem repairing it with a splice as long as the line was warm and a clamp was installed as well.

The entire line is busted, it needs a whole new one. I'll probably use fuel grade hose and double clamp each end

I was looking for the hard plastic line, but can't find any

There's an AeroQuip hose for that - I'd have to search for what I used. It is difficult but doable.

Do what I did on the white Mark. The fittings are barbed so just cut the old hose off and get new rubber fuel line. Use two fuel line clamps on each side. Easy as cake.

Members online

No members online now.
Back