Christmas gift from the famdamily. Need input

Myco

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have the graphite grey interior. My door panels are absolutely horrible and need to be replaced. My headliner is out right now right now and am getting the material from the shop but it's more of a darker grey than what I have so it's not an exact match.

Also, I'm getting new carpet as a gift from the famdamily. Somehow I need to either match the color to the graphite grey seats/dash/doorpanels(soon to be replaced hopefully.. always on the lookout for graphite grey door panels) or just go with a darker color and try to match the headliner/area below the back window with the carpet.

Soupercoupperformance has interior carpet for 250$ but ebay has it for 120$ but it's not stock color. (this is the whole cunnundrom... going stock is going to cost big $)

In this auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-98-LINCO...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4aa79c3f4d

there is a graphite color... thinking of doing that. Anyone bought carpet off ebay? What do you guys think?

Just posting so see if I could get some input from people who have gone through this experience.

Thanks

also: does anyone know where to get that suede stuff they put under the center counsel trim to keep it from squeeking / rattling?

i have a pile of door panels in my old shop that i never went back to get yet, i have to go there tomorrow to get some parts for driller that i saved off my rosemist mark, so i will see if i have any light graphite pairs there.

i have a pile of door panels in my old shop that i never went back to get yet, i have to go there tomorrow to get some parts for driller that i saved off my rosemist mark, so i will see if i have any light graphite pairs there.

If I could hug you I would. Have you ever seen pictures of my driver's side door? wait... you gotta see this. I'm going to take a pic real quick.

Ohh.. also in the market for the door handle things that pop behind the door handles (you can see they are missing).

2011-12-23163042.jpg

I bought the car like that. (also need a steering wheel :( )

Stock is the ONLY way to go for a mark carpet. The problem is the contours in the carpets. The floor pans on a mark are very contoured and an aftermarket carpet won't come close to fitting the floor flush. Those aftermarket carpets are very generic and you will be disappointed with it. I got one for my old Taurus, the fit to the floor was terrible.

your door panel isnt bad its just the arm rest. that part comes off the door panel. you just take the panel off and the arm rest is screwed on from the back. the rest of your panel doesnt look bad though. i have some of them door handle cups too but my father in law has been throwing away thousands of parts in the past few days i dont know what is still there. the trash truck had thousands of interior trim pieces, modules, switches i mean 12 years worth of parts all in the trash truck this morning, they even told him he could throw air bags in there steering wheel and pass side bags, gone!! the garage is getting very empty.

Stock is the ONLY way to go for a mark carpet. The problem is the contours in the carpets. The floor pans on a mark are very contoured and an aftermarket carpet won't come close to fitting the floor flush. Those aftermarket carpets are very generic and you will be disappointed with it. I got one for my old Taurus, the fit to the floor was terrible.

+1...generic is, well, generic. I bought one of those ebay 'made for' carpets for a 2003 Accord and it was an awful fit, but at least it was going into a Honda so who cares-don't do that to your Mark, you will regret it.

Hey Jamie, My black gen 1 armrest is messed up like OP's does gen1 armrest unbolt also. And if you might have one, let me know.

dude do you kick your door to get out of the car?!?!?!?! wow ive never seen anything like this before....and i thought my door panels were bad.

dude do you kick your door to get out of the car?!?!?!?! wow ive never seen anything like this before....and i thought my door panels were bad.

He said it was like that when he bought it... but it does look like it was victim to some abuse.

Hey Jamie, My black gen 1 armrest is messed up like OP's does gen1 armrest unbolt also. And if you might have one, let me know.

No, the Gen1 doesn't unbolt. I've got some blue ones in good shape, vinyl paint them black

your door panel isnt bad its just the arm rest. that part comes off the door panel. you just take the panel off and the arm rest is screwed on from the back. the rest of your panel doesnt look bad though. i have some of them door handle cups too but my father in law has been throwing away thousands of parts in the past few days i dont know what is still there. the trash truck had thousands of interior trim pieces, modules, switches i mean 12 years worth of parts all in the trash truck this morning, they even told him he could throw air bags in there steering wheel and pass side bags, gone!! the garage is getting very empty.

Well, do what you can I guess. Thousands of parts? Wow...

and to the other poster... yea. I don't know how the door handle got like that

Jaime.. essentially that's the only part I need... the other door panel is pretty good so if you can just find that one part I'll be happy. (and the handle cups)

edit: guess I'm getting it from greg and painting it. Thanks though jaime.

Tony, Pick-a-part has Marks. Hell, I even have the arm rest handle you need. I told you that before. Also, the place I got my paint from has the Graphite ford paint in a rattle can to match the interior.:shifty:

Tony, Pick-a-part has Marks. Hell, I even have the arm rest handle you need. I told you that before. Also, the place I got my paint from has the Graphite ford paint in a rattle can to match the interior.:shifty:

I was at the pick-a-part on 45 last week. there is a 93 in the back (with good bags) but I didn't see any gen 2's.

I think that is what I'll do. I just found out about the exact paint match last week. So if I could I'll get that arm handle from you I'll paint it then fix the molding coming off near the window like I did on the passenger side door.

Also buying new carpet and headliner. They won't be exact but I'll match the two so it will be close. (plus I need to do the sunvisors).

Also going to be deadening the doors/ putting as much deadening between cabin and trunk... might also take out the rear panels and deaden behind them also.

Basically interior is getting re-done.(guess I'll paint the steering wheel with that spray stuff also.) Now ... all's left to do is decide If I want to re-do the heater core.

If that's the case then I'll be calling you. I've never taken the entire dash off. (also m ight as well fix the clock-spring while I'm at it if it happens. )

Merry Christmas to you and your family Greg. :)

edit: which pick-a-part has a mark in it?

Wouldn't recommend painting parts that you frequently touch too, you will wear the paint off of a steering wheel very fast.

Members online

No members online now.
Back