Mod: BMW Style Side Marker Light

Eurythmian

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Question: If I wanted to add BMW style side marker lights to my front fenders, how would I wire them to stay lit when the lights are on but blink when the turn signal is activated?

hxbme36sm-97-led-sample.jpg

This is what it would look like.

05_Lincoln_LS_Side_RtSmall-1.jpg

I would Imagine just run them from the current marker light signal, like splice in the extra wires to the front marker light, maybe you can't do that. I'm not 100% sure

IMO ...easiest way would be a double filament bulb set up, then wire directly to your turn signals. you'd probably have to find a double filament bulb housing (that would look good on the LS)... might be tough... other options get into using relays etc. a lot of wiring..... unless someone else has an idea...

I would Imagine just run them from the current marker light signal, like splice in the extra wires to the front marker light, maybe you can't do that. I'm not 100% sure

you wouldn't be able to just splice to a single bulb (and have it stay on and flash)... i think

just my opinion but that really doesn't fit the LS style...but to answer the question you would prolly splice into the parking lights wire so they would blink

well if he gets the bmw markers I'm sure they have dual filament bulbs already, and then wire each lamp to the respective side turn signal wiring

well if he gets the bmw markers I'm sure they have dual filament bulbs already, and then wire each lamp to the respective side turn signal wiring

correct, im just not sure if they are dual, IIFC they stay on when the lights are on, then flash when turning.. off a single filament

for the blink thing you could use a normally closed, momentarily open relay. wire 12 volts from the running lights through the relay to the bulb, wire the relay to the turn signal. when the turn signals flash, the relays opens and shuts the bulb off.

hmm. but that will make it flash opposite the signals, might look goofy.

for the blink thing you could use a normally closed, momentarily open relay. wire 12 volts from the running lights through the relay to the bulb, wire the relay to the turn signal. when the turn signals flash, the relays opens and shuts the bulb off.

hmm. but that will make it flash opposite the signals, might look goofy.

Cool! How awesome are you! Sounds simple enough. Can this relay be purchased at any auto supply store?

Irony, people who have these on their BMWs try to black them out or hide them as much as possible.

Members online

No members online now.
Back