Countdown to 200,000 miles

marcredd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
150 miles to go and I will be at 200,000. Gen 1. Original motor, alternator, fuel pump, but not the original transmission or coils(imagine that....lol). I'm pretty hyped about it to be perfectly honest. The car has been a blast and it's running strong enough that I feel like another 100,000 is not out of the question. Keeper!!! :D

Sweet.

I am far away from that....i will barely be hitting 67K and only 4K of those were put on by myself.

Count down, must be a magical car, most cars count up in mileage, either way that's quite a feat for the v8. Never had to do anything to the inside of the engine like timing chain tensioners?

Very nice! I love my ls but i think its getting to the point where im going to have to replace my transmission. Starting to slip just a little and i wonder how much that is to be done.

WOW ! Must be luck ! That was my goal. I have no idea what I was planning on doing if it actually made it that long. But I always said that I will be happy if it makes it to 200k.

I"m at 209,xxx and to my knowledge other than the tranny being replaced at 175,000 it has the original drive train.:D I have all the paper work (warranties) for this car so the miles did not scare me when i bought it. It runs like a top. It has also had all the common stuff replaced ball joints, sway bar bushings-endlinks struts,regulators you name it and its been replaced. Ill cross my fingers for another 100k myself!

Never have changed the timing chain tensioners or anything "internal". And it is indeed the v8. There was a temptation to go in and have tensioners done but as strong as it feels, I am not messing with a VERY good thing. Honestly, not even running synthetic. Bought this car 4 years ago and have run standard Pennzoil 5w-30(not even the high mileage stuff). Like Reaper, I am in line to have a round of the routine suspension parts replaced.

If the motor would ever go, I am replacing it with a remanufactured one anyway. Why you may ask??? It's because I love the LS to that degree. Don't we all??? :)

my LS has 72,000 on it which is high for me, my first car was an 81 pontiac catalina with 44,000 on it, and was original had only 27,000 when I bought it

72k is great for an 02.

should have quite a bit more.

yeah i knew the owner of it when i bought it, I worked at the Ford dealership with him. He only drove it to wrk and back home. It had 40,000 or on it when i got it.

Man...I got a long way to go to catch up to you guys...just crossed over 30k this month on my '03

at this rate...LVC won't even exist by the time I hit 200k

Never have changed the timing chain tensioners or anything "internal". And it is indeed the v8. There was a temptation to go in and have tensioners done but as strong as it feels, I am not messing with a VERY good thing. Honestly, not even running synthetic. Bought this car 4 years ago and have run standard Pennzoil 5w-30(not even the high mileage stuff). Like Reaper, I am in line to have a round of the routine suspension parts replaced.

If the motor would ever go, I am replacing it with a remanufactured one anyway. Why you may ask??? It's because I love the LS to that degree. Don't we all??? :)

I am second owner of the car and based on documentation the original owner has ran mobile 1 synthetic the entire life of this car. I'd like to think this has has helped prolong the life of the motor. It has made Me a believer and I just did the first oil change under my owner ship and I followed siut. Hey marcredd the best thing I ever did for this car was replace suspension parts,it made the cAr feel so much more solid!

@ Reaper.... That is the next project before May gets here. I hear a few pops from up under it every now and then so I know it's time to pull the trigger on the suspension. I am pretty sure it needs a lower ball joint on the passenger side(intermittent shake).

It truly looks like I have a good car so I am going to do everything I can to take care of it. Let's be honest, what value from a bluebook standpoint is pretty much shot so why not just enjoy it for what it is? LOL.

1 more mile to go!!!!!

Miles.jpg

You need to fix you check engine light so you can bring in the 200k with no problems. Also, looks like your heat gauge is running hot, does the v8 always run warmer?

My engine temp gauge is where it always is....no "need" to fix. As far as the check engine light, it's been a love/hate relationship with it since I've had the car. It comes and goes as it pleases. I check for codes about once a month to make sure nothing is lurking but thanks for pointing it out. I didn't get to 199,999 without having some good grip of what's going on with my car. ;)

You need to fix you check engine light so you can bring in the 200k with no problems. Also, looks like your heat gauge is running hot, does the v8 always run warmer?

On both of my LSes, the temperature gauge always stays at exactly the center once the engine is warmed up (takes a couple of miles). Mine are V8s, but I've also driven a V6 loaner and its gauge stayed at the center too. Perhaps your LS is the one with a temperature problem?

^ I was about to say the same...I think op is the one that needs to check his temp gauge. That's exactly what it is suppose to read.

My engine temp gauge is where it always is....no "need" to fix. As far as the check engine light, it's been a love/hate relationship with it since I've had the car. It comes and goes as it pleases. I check for codes about once a month to make sure nothing is lurking but thanks for pointing it out. I didn't get to 199,999 without having some good grip of what's going on with my car. ;)

I was suggesting that you didn't know it was there, but If I were to cross a milestone like that, I'd prefer no light. Begin as it seems to be random then I guess there's nothing you can do to control if it's on when you turn the big 200,000.

On both of my LSes, the temperature gauge always stays at exactly the center once the engine is warmed up (takes a couple of miles). Mine are V8s, but I've also driven a V6 loaner and its gauge stayed at the center too. Perhaps your LS is the one with a temperature problem?

Hmm, Mine has always read just below, when it gets on center I know I have a bubble and popping the bleeder fixes it and it's right below again, Maybe mine is special in that way.

150 miles to go and I will be at 200,000. Gen 1. Original motor, alternator, fuel pump, but not the original transmission or coils(imagine that....lol). I'm pretty hyped about it to be perfectly honest. The car has been a blast and it's running strong enough that I feel like another 100,000 is not out of the question. Keeper!!! :D

That's a beautiful thing man. She is definitely a keeper.

I wonder, how many out of the 292 views of this thread were from the Mark guys.

I wonder, how many out of the 292 views of this thread were from the Mark guys.

You know they talk chit but in all actuality many have no idea just how nice of a ride the ls and just jump on the bash bandwagon.

Members online

No members online now.
Back