Countdown to 200,000 miles

Man that's great I hope to get that far also. Only at 98k on a 02 V8. My temp stays at the same spot too. Good luck. Did you do all the routine mantenance like radiator/power steering flushes and all the other stuff?

I would love 200k

My 01V6 is at 128k, runs like new. replaced tons of stuff including brand new tranny at 75k. Congrats on the high mileage, keep going, i believe the record is around 280k so far.

Man that's great I hope to get that far also. Only at 98k on a 02 V8. My temp stays at the same spot too. Good luck. Did you do all the routine mantenance like radiator/power steering flushes and all the other stuff?

Indeed I did. It has been maintained VERY well.

My 01V6 is at 128k, runs like new. replaced tons of stuff including brand new tranny at 75k. Congrats on the high mileage, keep going, i believe the record is around 280k so far.

Thanks. I honestly can say I am very proud to have hit 200,000. It's become a badge of pride considering how many others out there can't even make it to 100,000. Kick is, I bought this car with 103,000 from the first owner on New Year's Day 2006. So you can see, I do drive the car. 98% of the miles came from driving 60 miles a day due to my job. I'm sure turning the lower rpm's has been a major benefit to the engine's longevity.

Regardless, I'm one happy camper. This car has paid for itself and has let me do it in style. :D

Thanks. I honestly can say I am very proud to have hit 200,000. It's become a badge of pride considering how many others out there can't even make it to 100,000. Kick is, I bought this car with 103,000 from the first owner on New Year's Day 2006. So you can see, I do drive the car. 98% of the miles came from driving 60 miles a day due to my job. I'm sure turning the lower rpm's has been a major benefit to the engine's longevity.

Regardless, I'm one happy camper. This car has paid for itself and has let me do it in style. :D

Where's the 200K picture? That would make a cool avatar!

Nice, Im almost there too. 198400 or so now. Haven't been driving it too much.

Im in as well. Mine has 173k as of today (that reminds me the oil is about to hit 3k already, dang!) Anyways. Today my alternator died so it wont make it to 200k. However, my engine runs super strong. Original Tranny with a lot of rev matching and drifting on her :D 2nd OEM clutch which is still hooking perfectly.
Now the real weird parts is, when I bought the car back in 05 the air compressor was leaking oil. Today it is still leaking and freezes the whole interior after whole day under Miami's sunshine in about 15-20 minutes.. I dont understand that almighty compressor :p
Oh yeah, I almost forgot I blew the cams, and all valves once, My 4th gear jumped off and my revs went to like 75k.. too much for OEM springs and cool way to find out my car doesnt have a rev limiter. Oh yea, I was beating the crap out of GSR powered civic. So, same heads, original engine and tranny with a lot of beating still running strong. 23k miles ago ;)

Good to see others are having longevity out of their cars. :)

79k Miles till mine is at the 200k Mark!

New tensioners and Torque converter replaced 1000 Miles ago though :/

Congrats man! These are great cars! Mine is at 183,000 and has orginal engine and trans and it still doesent have one single problem with it, other than the dam airbag light blinking at me!of course all normal maintance has been done but its a champ every day I drive it and love it! This car will be mine until the day it dies, and then sit in the garage for something pretty to look at lmao!

LS Engine Warning - Don't Make My Dumb Mistake!

The good news ... I had over 200K on our LS with original engine and it was running great!

The bad news ... at 207K I blew the engine. Apparently the timing slipped somehow and all the valves hit the pistons. No compression in five of them. A really bad day!

The Warning I Ignored ... I'm writing so none of you have to have this experience I did. I basically destroyed my own engine!

We had just been on a 1,000 mile trip to Florida. While down there the LS began running rough at idle. But it ran great at highway speed and I didn't want to get ripped off by an out of town shop, so I decided to drive it on home. Likely mistake Number 1.

When I go home I took the LS by a good local shop. Sorry guy, we're just so busy now, we can't get to it until the end of the week. So I just kept driving it and waiting. It was running bit rougher at idle, but fine at highway speed. And this seemed just like the 100 times I've had coils replaced. So, I just kept driving it. Certainly mistake Number 2.

Finally, the local shop was still too busy. The LS was running even rougher at idle. I asked the shop whether I could hurt it to wait. They said it would not. Fatal Mistakes Number 3 and 4: Number 3 was believing their uninformed BS - I already knew that timing could be a big problem. Number 4 was I could have just taken it to the local Ford shop anytime, but for some crazy reason I didn't. They are a bit more costly, but highly competent.

The final day, the car wouldn't start in our company parking lot and was making bad noises. So I had it towed to the local shop. I really should have had it towed to Ford. The local shop tried over and over to get it running, probably causing most of the fatal damage!

So, I got our lovely car to 207,000 then blew it. Don't any of you be so stupid!

I'm seriously thinking about have a $3,500 junk yard engine with 50K and a one year warrantly installed. I think I can get another 50K and that would be well worth the cost. Anyone have any thoughts or better ideas?? Am I just tempting fate? I've already proven that I'm no genius at keeping one of these running!!

Thanks for any thoughts (or condolences).

PS - the other good thing is that I used to do IT consulting and my clients already paid for this car, which we bought new, after a few years (mileage billing). So, I'm not really doing too bad. I just hate to make stupid decisions!:eek:

Sorry to hear your engine died on you.

There are motors to be found for much less. For the amount you gave, I had a remanufactured engine built for my LS with ported heads and a total radius valve job. Just look around for a good deal on an engine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back