VIDEO-How to install LED Angels eyes. 03-06 lights only

Great contribution to the LS community! This DIY video should definitely take away the fears of those who want to do it and have the basic tools to do it.
As always geat job Alax!

Is the large light projector on the gen2 headlight the same diameter as the projectors on a gen1

Dont know but they aren't the same shape

I haven't seen a gen1 set in person so I dont know, but it looks like you could also spread them out a little. The measurements were just to give you an idea.

Just spread the ring out a little, place the sheet metal on there, test it out on the light, if you need it wider, then cut a longer piece of sheet metal to hold the ring in place.

The measurements were just to give you an idea.

Im just going to use the measurements as a starting point ya know, somewhere to work from. It would just bother the hell out of me if every time i looked at my headlights and i had to see that gap.:)

Yup, thats why I did it to mine.Good luck

Yea ill post for sure. They should be here either late this week or early next week, and hopefully if they get here soon enough i can do them this weekend.

Noo!!!!! :slam

I got all excited about them I forgot about the discounts.

Whatever lol, Im not gonna let you guys ruin my excitment!:D

I haven't seen a gen1 set in person so I dont know, but it looks like you could also spread them out a little. The measurements were just to give you an idea.

Just spread the ring out a little, place the sheet metal on there, test it out on the light, if you need it wider, then cut a longer piece of sheet metal to hold the ring in place.

In everybodies mind they're thinking SNAP! But after you cut that center piece on the big ring it gives nicely. You won't get anywhere near feeling like your about to break your 200 dollar investment.

You won't get anywhere near feeling like your about to break your 200 dollar investment.

Yeah I really didnt think they would break, especially after watching him put that piece of metal in between in the video. And hopefully the diameter of the rings dont differ too much. If it does, I dont think it will be much bigger.

Well I found the thread where the lightwurkzguy said you could spread them a few mm apart so I tried it to see how much. I got it almost 2 inches apart. You guys should check out the "how tough" video on these rings. The guy hits it with a hammer and stick it in water.

2 Inches? thats good to know. In the video you went what 1-5/16" or so, im thinking that should be pretty close.

Yeah about that. I'm anxious to see if spreading the rings will work on a gen1.

No idea. I mount the rings on the benzel, but on the gen1 how to write up ken has, it show they are glued on the reflector bowl.

http://www.lskoncepts.com/LSK Angel Eye Install Guide - CCFL.pdf

I checked out the picture here, and the big difference is that the reflector bowl on th gen1 aren't cirular on the bottom, like the gen2 bowl are. If you want them to fill the gap, you can spread the rings out and cut some of the reflector bowl off from the bottom to allow the ring to fit better, but then your ring wont be circular. The ring will look cut off like the benzel and reflectors look. If you're ok with that, I say go for it, if not then you're stuck installing them like in the gen1 how to write up. You could always buy some gen2 light to do.

Hmmmm.... this could take some creativity to do it the same way you do, cuz im not doing it like that, that looks stupid.

Members online

Back