old me got a good scare today

me too, hopefully i dont go through this again at least not for a long time that pain really is no joke.

Jamie i have been through that same really bad experience 4 times and been put in the hospital every time and each time i wonder how something so small can sooooooo painful. The last time was six years ago, glad that you are feeling better.

thanks everyone, we celebrated by going to applebees tonight and i got a big old fat steak and taters and a yummy mt. dew!!!! what a horrible weekend it turned into. specially having two friends come all the way up here from ft. lauderdale and have this happen in the middle of fixing their car, i had the whole front end ripped off all that was under the car was the k member, no suspension at all when this happend to me, its not like they could have left! luckily i managed to get it done though and they made it back safely! i have even cut back on smoking because of this, not because i think its related, i just need to change alot of things and quitting these disgusting cigarettes is one thing that needs to go for sure.

It wasn't a horrible weekend for us. I learned a ton of stuff and got to drive your magnificent Mark! We would have got a couple of motel rooms and hung out at Fat and Skinnys or whatever that place was called. BTW, after fixing the fuel line like we discussed, the car runs perfect. Thanks again for all you did especially under the circumstances.

awesome rich i'm glad the fuel line was the problem, i figured it was after seeing that twisted up mess lol! hows that compressor working now is the guy happy now!! i gotta talk to you guys about that deal me and elliot discussed i think he'll be happier!

I have had many stones over the years. You have experienced what labor for a woman is like, only worse. In 2005 I had 5 stones in left kidney, 6 in the right. Had 2 litho procedures that did not work. Went to a urologist who did a procedure where he went up the penis, thru the bladder, in the ureter to the kidney. With a scope, he checked each lobe of the kidney, cleaned them out and relief. I have passed many stones. So, NO POP! NO TEA! LEMON in everything. Lemonade, lemon in beer, lemon in water. I drink LOTS of lemonade, Water and small amounts of beer. My urologist says Lemon is the # one thing to prevent stones. Also, Sodium Citrate helps. He has a saying: "The solution, for pollution, is dilution". When you feel the intense pain, it is the stone moving thru the ureter. It is clamping down on the stone, attempting to move it thru to the bladder. If you were to look at the stone thru a scope, you would see something that resembles a cockabur. Thus the pain and blood. When it finally is in the bladder, many times it feels like you have to pee all of the time as the bladder is irritated. Once it passes, all is well. So, drink clear liquids, no dark. Drink tons of it and eat lots of fruit. My first stone was in 1981. Lots of experience and it sucks with both lips! Hope this helps.

...just to restate-
having just past it, NOW is the time to continue drinking all those fluids. The high water intake, the juice, cutting back on the soda, avoiding dehydration (a condition that is all too easy to do working in Florida), ect....

I passed 3 of those last year, a 2mm, 3mm and a whopping 5mm felt like I was p!$$ing out a ball bearing. I'm glad thats over and never want to do that again.

Members online

Back