My Alarm Keeps Going Off! HELP!!!!!!

Calkins

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My alarm keeps going off, and the Anti-Thief light is always blinking. What do I need to do? I took out the horn fuse, so maybe I can sleep tonight!

check your door switches and the hood alarm switch on the passengers side wheelwell. hope this helps. take off your battery cable will stop it too..:)

well what you could do to not engage the alarm is push the lock down manually when exiting..... most likely your hood tho.

I learned from my basket case '96 to hit the unlock button on the door as I'm getting out because it locked my keys in a few times. After the first time, I always kept my spare in my pocket. I couldn't take the other key out of the ignition because the alarm would go off in it too. So, when I bought this '93, I only got one key and fob with it, so I always hit unlock and take my key with me. But, today the Anti-Theft light kept blinking and the alarm started to go off on it's own. Damn cars! If they weren't so damn cool, I wouldn't keep buying them!

Leave the module unplugged if you live in a decent neighborhood. You can still double press the lock button on the remote and if and when you put your horns fuse back in, they will still give the split second blow but your alarm won't be going off anymore without notice. Your panic button will also still work when you put the horn fuse back in. 15 year old factory alarms just aren't worth it anymore.

I agree with the hood switch. It's probably loose or pressed down, out of place and it could be one of the door switches needs a little WD-40 and you need to remember that if you have air ride, it stays active for around an hour after the car is off. 45 min later, your front end may decide to air up and cause the alarm to notice a voltage drop and set the alarm off. If you did in fact unplug it from the module under the glove box, you can go ahead and plug your horns up or fuse and have no worries with it going off on you again.

I learned from my basket case '96 to hit the unlock button on the door as I'm getting out because it locked my keys in a few times. After the first time, I always kept my spare in my pocket. I couldn't take the other key out of the ignition because the alarm would go off in it too. So, when I bought this '93, I only got one key and fob with it, so I always hit unlock and take my key with me. But, today the Anti-Theft light kept blinking and the alarm started to go off on it's own. Damn cars! If they weren't so damn cool, I wouldn't keep buying them!

or you could just memorize your numeric combination

I never knew it one the '96, and I haven't messed with the '93 yet as I haven't had it very long

Well, you can put the horn fuse back in and not worry about the alarm going off anymore on it's own. It will only sound off if you press the panic button or chirp with a double press of the remote button.

Ok, will do. Thanks all. I'll post what I find wrong. I'm going to look at the hood switch first.

I unplugged my security module on my 94. It kept randomly going off, and I didnt appreciate that with HIDs... Never really bothered to figure out what the problem is, if someone wants to steal my car, a factory alarm probably isnt going to stop them...

I had a funny problem with mine as well, if it was sitting in the sun it would go off, but if i parked it under i tree it would be a good little girl

Members online

Back