Products that work good.

1bad4.6l

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Possible sticky.

I like to buy tools that will make my life easier. Today I purchased some meguiars cleaner wax and some turtle wax ice tire shine. I also purchased a mothers Power Cone. I was under the impression that the cone would apply and remove and make life wonderful. I don't know why I thought that. It seemed ridiculous once I figured it out.

Turtle wax Ice tire shine spray with brush applicator- I like it. It works well. You have to scrub it with the brush good after you spray it. And you still have to wipe the excess. It doesn't leak though, and you dont have to have a rag to get it on thoroughly. I say good product.:D

The mothers Power Cone- I used to help my dad polish trim off the car and he used to say rub it til it turns dark colored. I hold onto this info to this day when using mothers chrome, aluminum polish. I couldn't imagine rubbing the polish in that well by hand in the places I did. But you still have to take it off by hand.:D:D:D:D

This may sound kind of silly, but if you have a black car Turtle Wax makes a black wax. It used to be marketed under the name "color back" but I think it might have changed. Anyway, it is at Orielly's. The stuff works wonders on black paint, it really is amazing.

And for the black plastic bits under the hood and wherever, Mother's makes a product called "Back to Black" that works very well also.

i swear by the turle wax black box. that stuff is amazing what it can do. the only draw back is its like 2-3 step wax. first ya hit it with the pretreat then ya hit with with some detail spray then ya hit it with the wax. but the results are worth your effort.

wax

hey guys i have the blue metalic paint for the mark i forgot what the name of it was but im looking for a really good wax that will take out the swirl marks and make it look like new car shine any ideas ?

3M makes a product called "perfect-it" that you need an orbital buffer to use properly. It is very expensive but works well.

Edit: this was in response to the swirl marks question.

A wax will not remove swirl marks. A wax is made to protect. Some waxes fill in swirls so it looks like they remove them but they do not. As Jamie said swirl x is a good product to use by hand.

Wizards Products

These Wizards Products all work Fantastic and smell awesome!
I start with Finish Cut using my Makita then to Shine Master then maintain shine with Mist and Shine. I love this stuff.

i found that if you dampen a microfiber towel with Stoners Invisible Glass Glass cleaner, you can clean up minor smudges and dirt out of your headliners, visors etc. very nicely without soaking them.

Zaino Z2 Pro is incredible stuff too.

IMG_0149.jpg

Magic Clay bar works great and is FAR superior to the other clay bars. I bought all of them and tried them side by side. I figured I'd rather spend a good amount up front to figure out what works best than go through my whole life undecided on what is truly good.

Magic Clay also lasts longer than the other brands.

Duragloss 501 marine polish is my go to cleaner wax.

Great stuff. I am amazed at how much it pulls from paint after a proper prep wash and clay bar.

DG111 and 105 are both excellent sealants as well. 111 isn't quite as durable, but has a wetter look to it IMO.

Magic Clay bar works great and is FAR superior to the other clay bars. I bought all of them and tried them side by side. I figured I'd rather spend a good amount up front to figure out what works best than go through my whole life undecided on what is truly good.

Magic Clay also lasts longer than the other brands.

You should try Bilt Hamber clay. Best stuff I've used. It's not quite as aggressive as Clay Magic red, but CM red marrs paint pretty bad. So if you are comparing clay bars that you can use without having to polish afterwards, BH clay is my favorite. Plus, you only need water as lube with it, as opposed to a QD like most other manufacturers recommend.

I will be picking up some BH clay as well other BH products for this detailing season. DG 111 is great even makes my white mark look wet. I never used 105 I have heard greaqt things bout it. 501 is also great on chrome, windows, wheels

I hear that. My glass treatment is always DG501/105/AW. Brandon has had excellent results with KAIO.

I normally reserve 105 for wheels/glass/headlights/taillights. Just because I think it's a little more durable than 111. I wasn't really impressed with 105 on paint.

yep. Been on there for about two years. Same username over there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back