best lowering springs

DrJsl2008

LVC Member
Reaction score
I looked and looked through here and cannot find a good answer on what lowering springs to go with. I want the front to go down mostly, not much of a drop overall, with close to stock drive. I don't want anything too low considering it will be my daily driver through michigan winters as well. Also, can a lowered car make it through the winter? Thanks for all the help in advance

I would say you meet Eibach preferences. They offer the smallest drop for our car

does it get rid of the gap up front? I can't stand how it looks like the front of the car is higher than the back

I think they list like 1" front/rear but im sure you get more...

Eibachs. I've had them for 3 years now, and love them. Not too low, but with a set of 18's the stance and appearance effect is lower and slightly longer.

One note: with eibachs and 18's, I have worn through the inside edge of all 4 tires in about 25k miles. (I dont have that Camber kit that some have). The rest of the tire was in great shape.

With this current set of tires, I had them flipped on the rims at about 17k miles to get more wear out of them.

Eibachs would be best fit for your application. Sprints and Intrax drop the car about 1.75" and are pretty low. I have the Sprints on my LS but I have bottomed out a few times due to it. Not to change the subject but does anyone have a link to a camber kit for the LS?

I use the Eibach springs with 18" wheels and have no problem with them.

RockAuto.com has the camber cam bolts for $30.00

I originally had Sprints in my car and am using 18 inch tires, I switched to Eibachs and love em. My car was too low being in a major city, If I were where I used to live in Florida I would have kept the Sprints.

this car is a b!tch to drive in Michigan winters, especially since they stopped using salt almost everywhere, lowering it will only makes it worse.

this car is a b!tch to drive in Michigan winters, especially since they stopped using salt almost everywhere, lowering it will only makes it worse.

Why did they stop using salt? Were getting a lot of sand here in MN on local roads. Only major highways / interstates get the salt treatment... Horrible actually. Virtual sand blaster

since detroit went bust, there are too many people out of a job. no job, no income. no income, no income tax. and there is no money for anything, salt was the first to go, some places still use a little salt in the important places like only in intersections, or the best is the 70% sand and 30% salt mix.

I have Eibach pro-kit with the camber kit. I have had the LS lowered for over 4 years now. The Eibachs gave me a 1.75" drop once they settled. Sitting on 19's. No rubbing or alignment issues of any kind.

I think someone may have answered this before, some time ago but refresh my memory. With the somewhat track increasing offset of mine, will the Eibach be an issue, in your opinions of course. I have heard a rub or two with a load (nothing that left any marks anywhere) in my 60K. But if the Eibachs are any stiffer, I'm guessing it could help prevent too much rubbing. However, I don't know anything about the stiffness change....

lsdec2009northterra15.jpg

sounds like the eibachs are the way to go. I just might wait until after this winter so it's one less I'll have to drive with them. Winter's about the only thing I'm afraid of with any kind of lowering spring.

i cant get springs cuz my back is lowered already from my audio :q:q:q:q in the trunk. i would like to lower the front cuz it is kind of high.

Can't you just get springs and only put them in the front?

will i have to get 2 camber kits one for front one for back or is it just for the front?

Eibachs are a great spring, but be advised that the 1" drop ended up being just over 1.25" on my car. .25" may not sound like much, but trust me it can make a world of difference. I hit the frame just behind the wheels if I am not careful exiting driveways with lips and when negotiating parking lot speed bumps. Also I have to watch closely if I am at a strange car wash (while traveling) as the little bumpers some use to stop the car from rolling as it comes off the line will also drag on the frame as the car compresses the spring after going over the bump.

I can only speak on what I’ve used and what I’ve used is the Eibachs. I have 18’s and they give me the stance I wanted! I wanted to go lower to start off with but around here Austin, Round Rock, Tx area it’s pretty bad on the roads as far as nice flat roads go. With the 1” ~ 1.25” drop it’s enough for what I’m looking for. If I do this again (get another LS) I’m going to put on the Eibach camber/alignment kit with the lowering springs.

I use sprint springs and gone through 1 Ohio winter and going through one now. With my driving habbits i dont bottom out on anything except snow chunks that fall off of other cars wheel wells, and alignment racks. It has acted as a plow once but for the most part it didnt affect how it dove. Sprint offers the biggest drop i think but Intrax might be lower? Compared to cars in my past i dont even really look at this thing and call it lowered really unless i park on a crest and the rocker is 2 inches off the ground lol.

If you run the eibach prokit you shouldnt have any issues.

Eibachs are a great spring, but be advised that the 1" drop ended up being just over 1.25" on my car. .25" may not sound like much, but trust me it can make a world of difference. I hit the frame just behind the wheels if I am not careful exiting driveways with lips and when negotiating parking lot speed bumps. Also I have to watch closely if I am at a strange car wash (while traveling) as the little bumpers some use to stop the car from rolling as it comes off the line will also drag on the frame as the car compresses the spring after going over the bump.

I would agree. Dont go with any spring besides the eibachs. Others are too low for winter driving. I would also suggest getting yourself a set of winter tires and rims. They have made a world of difference when driving in Cleveland winters.

Members online

No members online now.
Back