Had an epiphany about my LS while on vacation

Fla02LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So i flew up to North Carolina last week with the family to visit the in-laws and i had some in depth thoughts about my LS while gone. The first being i now understand how some of you enjoy your LS because where you live it may not be so common of a car. For me here in Orlando i see atleast half a dozen LS's per day, sometimes way more. On more than one occasion i have pulled up to a redlight and there has been multiple LS's sitting side by side at the light, the last being a few weeks ago when it was me and a black 1st gen and a silver 1st gen. Just tonight at a 7-11 i was getting gas and there was an identical stock black 2nd gen like mine. My neighbor three houses down has a 2nd gen white Ultimate like mine, they are everywhere around here. So you gotta understand for me its just another car on the road. I didnt see one single LS the entire 4 days i was in North Carolina, not one.
The next thought is the drivability of the LS, i drive it alot everyday so its becomes somewhat normal for me. While visiting the in-laws they own two Honda Accords with one of them being a "top of the line" model, it still sucks in my opinion. So after riding in them for four days and even driving one of them one night they were insanely boring, even the leather seemed cheap. After getting home and jumping in the LS for the first time in four days it was such a relief compared to an Accord. Its like you gain a new appreciation for the LS.
And third after my ordeal at the dealer trying to trade in the LS i decided to keep it until its paid off. They wanted $2000 down for the MKX which i can easily afford, but i got to thinking i could put that same $2k in a "repair fund" for the LS which should pay for any repairs over the next year and a half until its paid off. With so many miles on the LS i am sure there are certain things that are going to start to fail or break, like the DCCV, and i can accept that. My main issue is still the coils which seem to need replacing way too often. Aside from the coils my car is still in great shape and still drives great. I have become really interested in the upcoming MKT which if i keep the LS till its paid off will give me some flexability to work a deal for one of those. Bottomline i guess is you have to do without some things for awhile to regain your original appreciation for them. I may still continue to bitch about it from time to time but i think i will be happy getting in it and turning the key and getting on the road.

Nice, respect da LS!

Around here I would say it is a pretty rare car. I am not sure why, but I hardly ever see them - anytime I do I am sure to wave. Coming back from getting icecream this evening a beige gen2 with springs and 20s came out of the gas station in front of me; however he sped through the yellow light and I could not catch up to check out his ride more - I was too far back to make the light. It looked good though. Not cheesily done. It is the first LS i have seen with mods around here.

Other than that one LS, I see beat up gen1s from time to time - but nothing special.

I see a lot in Osage Beach, MO where we have a lake house on the Ozarks...I sadly, never have my car with me.

bi-polar every 28~ish days

got to give you some grief over your last few days of postings.

hmmm, mood swings once a month? Maybe it's Miss Fla02LS :lol:

I hear ya, though. I <3 my LS. I normally flash the lights at other LS's. Sadly, most are old people. Like Quik. :p

cafeter? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

it's "catheter".

I also flash. And I am also typically disappointed by the blue haired ladies who seem to drive the other LSs around here.

Fla02LS,

You are ridiculous. You went off on numerous threads over a long period of time about what a piece of :q:q:q:q the LS is. I am sorry man, but you deserve to be harrassed for a very long time.

Quik - 1 | Fla02LS - 0

I think you get it! A week in a 2010 Impala made me really happy to be back in my LS!

i went and test drove a 2001 camaro Z28, dark blue, black leather, t-top, ground efx kit, 81k miles. got them down to 6700$ for it. fbody's are my big part of my life, first car was a 87 trans am GTA, 2nd was a 94 Z28 6 speed. then i get the lincoln Ls. i got it for the same reason most of you got yours.

Anyways i cant put my hand on what it is about the LS. I drove that camaro z28 for about 40 minutes. loved the power, who wouldnt? got back into the LS to go home and was like "man, this car is so much nicer". Its a combination of things. take the dash for example, and the all around visability. Some people forget that other cars have very limited visability and you cant see the front bumper at all cuz the dash is so high. 2ndly, my LS has 124k miles on it and it hardly rattles, i really love that about it. it has its issues though for sure, and ive wanted to sell it more then once.

Here is the solution (and no, its not more cow bell)

GET A TOY/2ND CAR!!!

Honestly its the best cure. I got my bike and now im no longer worried about the lincoln, it sits around alot of days out of the week cuz im on the bike. the bike fulfills my speed-need to the fullest lol, fufills my fun factor to the fullest.

Find you a old mustang or camaro, or a bike if your into those even just a cruiser doesnt have to be a sport bike. Leave the lincoln for what it is, a 4 door car for getting grocerys and looking better then the rest. the best mod ive made to my lincoln is buying a bike lol. Alot of people might disagree with me. but i completly gave up on the lincoln and i love it more then ever.

btw..my mod list came befor the bike ;)

+1!! I picked up a bike a couple weeks ago and now have the best of both worlds, speed and luxury. Although the LS needs a new driver rear window regulator :(

LS is not that bad, might break down quite often, but even after my CL I still like dring the LS. It's not fast, but hey it handles well, pretty quite and looks damn good.

where did you go in NC? I see atleast 5 every time I go out here around Charlotte. Every parking lot for a school or small shopping center has one and than you count on more at bigger places. Than again, I see many civics, accords, Corolla's(freakin' tired of them lol) and f150s and stuff too. Its amazing, they built more than one haha.

Honestly its the best cure. I got my bike and now im no longer worried about the lincoln, it sits around alot of days out of the week cuz im on the bike. the bike fulfills my speed-need to the fullest lol, fufills my fun factor to the fullest.

+1000
I too got a bike a couple months ago and honestly, the LS sits in the garage for 5 or 6 days at a time. I still love my car and hope to not get rid of it anytime soon, but riding that bike everywhere and getting in the LS once a week to run errands really makes you appreciate the car. Sure it isn't the fastest car out there, but having a motorcycle definitely cures that problem. And you can't beat that gas mileage you get on a bike :)

:L

Ah, cool. Yea, just after I posted I left to go to a funeral, passed an LS about 2 mins into the drive. Saw two more sitting at a light and on the way back I went by a couple on the HWY. Wish some of them were worth checking out, not sure where the couple that were done up went that I would see around when I had mine. Oh well.

you laugh but 2 other people agreed with me.

Well that settles it then, case closed. :p

But seriously there is no comparing a bike to a car. Two different worlds. Go ride your bike in the rain, or crank the tunes and cruise. Or survive a moving collision. :p

They are still cool, just not like a car.

i'd rather be in my lincoln than any other car beleive me. but when its sunny out, id rather be on the bike.

But seriously there is no comparing a bike to a car. Two different worlds. Go ride your bike in the rain, or crank the tunes and cruise. Or survive a moving collision. :p

they have their different worlds for sure, i dont like when people think negatively about bikes, always thinking your just gonna die when your on it. truthfully its not hard to ride a bike and be smart. you have no radio, you have nothing to play with, your eyes are on the road at all times. you cant text or talk on the cell phone, you have zero distractions. I guess the only "distraction" is the opprotunity is always in your face to go fast.

also, why would i ride in the rain when i have a car?

you have to experience it to fall in love with it. in my mind its better then sex, but maybe not better then sex with the girl of your dreams, but it could be? if she sucks

If the lincoln Ls fulfills your every desire and want out of something with an engine, then good for you. I on the other hand need something that i can release some stress through.

Members online

No members online now.
Back