I woke up this morning AND MY CAR WAS MISSING!!

OW! Those pics are rough to look at! So they didn't catch the guy? No finger prints? No nothing? What the hell?! :mad:

naw, insurance was only state minimum (meaning they dont cover :q:q:q:q) so the insurance company wasnt going to force any forensics, and as long as a cop in my town can point a finger at someone and accuse them (with or without proof) then thats a good investigation to them.

naw, insurance was only state minimum (meaning they dont cover :q:q:q:q) so the insurance company wasnt going to force any forensics, and as long as a cop in my town can point a finger at someone and accuse them (with or without proof) then thats a good investigation to them.

I would be filing a claim with somebody. If someone stole my car regardless of what they did to it or whether or not the car was insured I would be pursuing every possible option to catch the bastard. It's most likely someone who is in the system with a fingerprint match. Was there any blood or anything in the car?

As far as I could tell by looking in the interior, no there was no blood or evidence left behind.. but its hard to believe that after a wreck like that the person(s) werent bleeding. Maybe they perform some forensics on the car, Idk.. if they did then I wasnt informed of it.

Also, when I went to get my personal belongings out of the car yesturday, I noticed that I was missing all the change out of my armrest (about $15 in nickles dimes and quarters) and a full perscription of percasets, so if they did get hurt Im sure they were popping my pills like M&M's

I spent 27 years in Law Enforcement and I know that each state has different laws. But I am confused as to why you have to pay storage on the car if it was being held by the Police. I understand, if you were notified and the charges are for after notification, but why would TN have laws that make the victim pay for storage the victim did not authorize?

I spent 27 years in Law Enforcement and I know that each state has different laws. But I am confused as to why you have to pay storage on the car if it was being held by the Police. I understand, if you were notified and the charges are for after notification, but why would TN have laws that make the victim pay for storage the victim did not authorize?

That is an EXCELLENT question!

I didnt think it was legally my obligation either, so I contacted the Sheriff (genually an all around nice guy) and he talked to the investigator, the storage owner, and the state patrol officer who found my car. After all his running around he said that his hands were tied and he couldnt MAKE the storage owner drop the fees.

SO I contacted a lawyers office and explained my situation to their receptionist. She told me that shes not a lawyer so she couldnt give me any legal advice, but that he car was stolen a few years back and she was forced into paying the fees aswell.

I figured every state would have some form of "Victims compensation" or something to help in these situations, but apparently Tn does not. DONT EVER FALL PREY TO CRIME IN TN BECAUSE YOU ARE LIABLE FOR EVERYTHING!

Also I read that the majority of America have laws implemented that you can not be charged for "Storage fees" until the car has been officially "released" to you so you can retrieve it. Any additional fees thereafter you are liable for. Hell, I wish I would have known that I would be charged for a month worth of storage while the police were scratching their ass's

I would not take a receptionist's word for interpreting TN law. I would also contact the Law Enforcement Agency that impounded the vehicle and plead my case there. I do have to say that I was surprised when I moved to AR that if a thief pawns your property here in AR, you must pay the pawn broker to get your property back. Out west, the pawn broker that accepted the stolen goods is out the money, not the victim. So I guess every state has it's own little surprises.

NOOOO not the full perscription of percasets!!!

OH YEA! Only got to take 1 of those bad boys:(

Its cool tho, I got to get my last 2 wisedom teeth cut out tomorrow, so Im asking for tabs this time

Thats how it is here in IL. back when my car was stolen (bout 9 yrs ago) after it was found it got towed to an impound lot. Even though the car was stolen and I did not leave it to be towed I still had to pay the fees to get my car back.

hahaha! yea, it f*cking sucks.. but on a brighter note, I can laugh about it now instead of breaking :q:q:q:q when I think about it.

ya. The law has a real was of @ss raping it's citizens. Such as being in speed traps where you have to go from 65-35 for an offramp.....last time I checked...your car speeds up due to momentum in a turn...so though you may have your foot on the brake to take the turn the cop will most likely read 45.....stupid douchebags :p

ya. The law has a real was of @ss raping it's citizens. Such as being in speed traps where you have to go from 65-35 for an offramp.....last time I checked...your car speeds up due to momentum in a turn...so though you may have your foot on the brake to take the turn the cop will most likely read 45.....stupid douchebags :p

This entire post makes absolutely zero sense. :confused:

Mark

all that and the air bags did not blow!!???

Nope.. they never deployed.. shouldnt the side bag atleast have deployed???

In any case, they are all still in good condition and for sale REALLY cheap if anyones insterested ;)

Are the torque converters in the Gen1's and Gen2's the same? if so Ill be out there tomorrow with some money :D

Is the home link visor still for sale? how about the rearview mirror and the stuff that goes with it?

Sorry bout your ride. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back