0-60...in...

V6? Thats really slow.

Stock with my V8 i never timed it but gets to 60 rather quickly.

I could have swore it was either around 5. something or just above 6.0.

You probably could work your time out to be a bit better than that personally. I doubt its telling you somethings wrong.

I could have swore it was either around 5. something or just above 6.0.

You probably could work your time out to be a bit better than that personally. I doubt its telling you somethings wrong.

Yeah i'd do a few more runs with better shifting.

here are some times on equavilent cars/quarter mile times

2000 Lincoln LS V8 7.5 15.7
2002 Lincoln LS 7.9 16.1

1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 7.8 16.2
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 7.1 15.4
1995 Lincoln Mark VIII 7.6 15.8
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 7.2 15.4

i noticed with traction control on , acceleration is sort of slow , try it with it off

my traction warning light only comes on when i start the car... thats weird....lol

IDK about the v6, but my V8's powerband goes to 6.1k, so I thrown it in static and let her rip, I'll see what I can squeeze out of her later today... nothing else to do.

D4 and D5 should start in 1st.

I haven't ever timed mine but I'm pretty sure I can get to 60 in just a hair under 7 seconds.

See that yellow light blinking? That means you got wheel spin and the traction control was reeling you back in. Turn the traction control off and try again. Don't floor it right off the bat either, give it about 3/4 throttle until the RPMs just start to pick up then put it down. That will prevent any bogging from the mixture going WOT rich right off the line.

You also need to hold first to 6K.

IB the Ford published times are:

Gen1 V8 0-60: 7.2 1/4: 15.5@90.9
Gen1 V6 0-60: 7.8 1/4: 16.3@86

yea I did 0-60 times alot while I had my LS, never posted about them cause I thought constant 7.1-7.6 times were nothing to brag about.

My car should do 0-60mph in the middle to high 3 second range. ;)

Not an LS of course.

Really an LS is a terrible car for getting good 0-60mph times out of because they are so gutless off the line compared to other V8 cars. Once they get going then they are pretty respectable though. :Beer

Somewhere in the mid fives for me. Considering they are gutless wonders off the line you would think it would be easy to launch. But they are not, they are very sensitive to how you drive them. To get the quickest times out of a Gen 1 you need to leave at @1800 rpm and smoothly roll into the throttle to prevent a bad bog, or excessive wheelspin, if you are too aggressive. The Gen 2's like mine launch a little different due to the TBW and more power but still have the same issues. With good rubber and practice you should be able to shave .5-.7 seconds off your times.

D4 and D5 should start in 1st.
...as long as you're over 60% (IIRC) throttle--with very few exceptions, 1st Gen V8 LSes will start in 2nd unless you're over 60% throttle (thanks much, CAFE). If you're over 60%, it should start in 1st in either D4 or D5.

Yeah turn traction control off and launch it a little, at least with the gen2 you gotta get her past the throttle by wire delay, I clocked mine with an accelerometer at 6.5 not sure how accurate it is but it works.

(This was stock.)

...as long as you're over 60% (IIRC) throttle--with very few exceptions, 1st Gen V8 LSes will start in 2nd unless you're over 60% throttle (thanks much, CAFE). If you're over 60%, it should start in 1st in either D4 or D5.

The LS has ALWAYS started in 1st in D4 or D5. Only in SST mode do you need >60% throttle input to access 1st. Then 1st is always available until you stop, then you need to give >60% throttle to access 1st again.

I drive in D5 all the time and my car always starts off in 1st, even if I drive like a grandpa.

Members online

No members online now.
Back