Custom Trunk Set ups

buddyleee5

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Can you guys post pics of your custom trunk set ups? I'm in the process of turning the car into a show car, and i'm planning on doing a custom trunk set up, and i'm looking for ideas. I'm thinking of a custom ported box, but i am having trouble building it around the arms that drop in for the trunk. wehn you post pics of your set ups please post pics of what you did to incorperate the arms of the trunk.

This is a pic of what i have now
Picture 041.jpg

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 041.jpg

Picture 042.jpg

i already posted this.. do a search for custom LS trunks

You can build a beauty board/cover board that has holes cut in it that allow the support arms to tuck nicely in when you close the lid. You can even get an acutator brush to cover the opening from the backside but still allow the arms to tuck in. It just cleans it up nicely.

ya i started working on it tonight, i still have to wait for my new amps to come in though so it will be a litle delayed. trying to fit a ported box into the trunk, but i cant with out losing all cargo space, or what little i have now. i should be done in a few weeks

What kind of ported box are you talking about? You should be able to fit almost any type of box in the car.

a 4 cu.ft ported box tuned to 35 hz. The biggests ported box i could use would be around 3 cu.t ft and still be resonably large. I dont want to use the whole trunk.

Made the box a lil shorter than the arms, and make the cover all the way to the edge and just cut a lil space for the trunk arms to move.

subandsymbol.jpg

i hope u have some dynamat or some kind of sound deadening so that your sub gets the full enclosure to sound properly.

last pic is the original set-up. thats as far as the sub box would fit in the trunk so i had to do something about it. the first pic is the same box as the last pic but i put it in the spare tire well. basically replicated the false trunk floor with some ply wood and sprayed spray on glue and covered it with some fleece. gotta be able to fit the surfboard in there.

img003.jpg

img004.jpg

lincoln woodgrain004.jpg

buddylee, how tall is that box and what size are the subs. i measured the trunk space under the rear deck and it is only 13 1/2 inches. i want to put 2 12's under the rear deck, but i can only find custom made boxes for my fitment. i want to have full access to my spare tire if needed

i made that box, those are 2 12's and the box is 13" tall i beleive, i have to take the box out to access the spare though, the box is 15" dep i think i cant remember the exact specs though i'll measure them tomorrow

this is the crappy box thats being redesigned once again because he didnt put the port where i wanted it. i wanted it completely on the opposite side of the sub but he put it right next to it and it absolutely took away the entire subs performance. but anyway it looks good lol.. but looking good doesnt make it with this sub lol... check it out.

CrappyBox1.JPG

CrappyBox2.JPG

CrappyBox3.JPG

CrappyBox4.JPG

CrappyBox5.JPG

CrappyBox6.JPG

CrappyBox7.JPG

stincolnlincoln, i feel bad for you cuz that box is messed up. that sub is awesome. he really did mess it up. there is absolutely no possible explanation for someone making a box like that if they know what the port is for. u had the right idea, put it on the other side would've definately made the sound better, especially with the "L" inside the box. hope u get that fixed and i'm sure it'll sub hard. anyway, here's a pik of my setup. i've posted on some other thread but i'll post it here anyway as i saw another person with a 15" L7

Picture 113.jpg
Picture 114.jpg
Picture 115.jpg

Picture 113.jpg

Picture 114.jpg

Picture 115.jpg

Rick i love ur setup man thats an awesome clean setup. and i bet it sound fantastic. i am going to repost once its redone and also a video as well.

kinda cheap looking but I made these 2 custom 3/4 cu foot boxes to fit in my trunk with the least possible airspace my 12's need and they only weigh 10 lbs a piece to save weight. I packed both boxes with FiberFIll and they hit pretty hard for being in such small boxes.

vbpgimage.jpg

I'm playing around with a couple ideas in my head, one involves me fabbing a hatch to get into the amp/wires/battery/spare. The other idea is to somehow bring up the positive battery terminal to an accessible place, but hidden. The hatch would require me taking out the current cover, which I would like to keep, even though it limits me severely.

Anyone have any potential ideas to extending the positive terminal in the trunk?

My plan is to build the box with 1/2" MDF and put a face of 1/4" finished board where the subs sit for added support + looks(hopefully staining the wood to match the interior wood grain). The 3" ports would face the back of the seat(opposite of the subs) for presence. My measurements have me at 1.7ft^3(Alpine recommended) for each box tuned to 35hz.

I plan on doing this early tomorrow morning and hopefully I can get my :q:q:q:qball camera to work properly.

I'm playing around with a couple ideas in my head, one involves me fabbing a hatch to get into the amp/wires/battery/spare. The other idea is to somehow bring up the positive battery terminal to an accessible place, but hidden. The hatch would require me taking out the current cover, which I would like to keep, even though it limits me severely.

Anyone have any potential ideas to extending the positive terminal in the trunk?

My plan is to build the box with 1/2" MDF and put a face of 1/4" finished board where the subs sit for added support + looks(hopefully staining the wood to match the interior wood grain). The 3" ports would face the back of the seat(opposite of the subs) for presence. My measurements have me at 1.7ft^3(Alpine recommended) for each box tuned to 35hz.

I plan on doing this early tomorrow morning and hopefully I can get my :q:q:q:qball camera to work properly.

have u checked this website out look at some of the videos. of the alpine subs and how they have theres setup.
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html
Just click on alpine and then the subs u have and watch the videos for ideas

this is what i got in mine, a kicker digital series amp 650rms, 1.2 farad cap and digital anl fuse block and a 10in kicker amp with custom 2.25 cu ft box with the bright orange to stand out lol

CIMG0707.jpg

CIMG0710.jpg

CIMG0711.jpg

CIMG0708.jpg

Ok heres the updated box ruff draft for now did a test run of it yesterday and it sounded very good. but i need a hell of alot more power going to it. Right now i have an Alpine MRP-M650 mono amp on it but have to wait til my Memphis Mojo 2000D amp gets back and man that amp is a BEAST!!! but the box will be carpeted this coming saturday. tell me whatcha think and yes its a big improvement in sound now like i said all thats left is a hell of allot more power needed to push this sub...

100_2048.jpg

New2.JPG

New3.JPG

New4.JPG

New5.JPG

New6.JPG

New7.JPG

New8.JPG

New9.JPG

New10.JPG

I got the RE Sx15 for 300 but it actually goes for close to 500. man i cant wait to put the Memphis Mojo 2000D on it Its a Dual 4Ohm sub. i am going to post a video once its all done. Thanks for the compliment rick

Members online

No members online now.
Back