Mark VIII Cop Magnet?

Over a year of driving with way illegal tints, only a rear plate...cop hasn't looked twice at me, course I usually just cruise anyway not really speeding too much..course mine still looks stock but I think that its mostly down to if your in the right place at the right time doing something you shouldn't it doesn't matter what car your driving they will pull you over.

Thoughts....

if youre car looks like mine u get followed everywhere u go... i know its my fault but i love the way it looks...

1000x750_Lincoln_43 (800 x 600).jpg

Thank you,

I sold the car last week, and am just waiting on the buyer to pick it up. Kinda sad to see it go, but tis going to a good home, and I know it'll be taken care of.

Mike

The cop had do come visit me when i took mine for a trip around the neighborhood. I had just got the car and decided to let her rip around the cudesac....

Yah that is a really nice car!
What did you do for that grill??

Im 21 right now with my Lincoln had it almost 2 years. Before the linc, i had 1990 Daytona 3L V6 5 spd. exhaust sys, turbo. bout it. I would get pulld over probly once or two very month. Strickly for speeding. 3 tickets. Only one ticket i had to pay.. other 2 times, the cops wrote that i was going 45 in a 50. when he was supposed to put 45 over in a 50.

As for the mark, have yet to have an encounter with them po lice. Everyone i see driving a mark in this city (windsor, ontario) are elders. I hope my streak of no flashin light behind me stays @ zero for a long , long time.

*knock on wood *:shifty:

I speed almost everywhere I go and have only been pulled over once. I was leaving a stop sign and I squeeled the tires prety bad - right in front of a cop I had not seen. I'd say that otherwise I've not gotten tickets I should have because it's a Lincoln.

I speed almost everywhere I go and have only been pulled over once. I was leaving a stop sign and I squeeled the tires prety bad - right in front of a cop I had not seen. I'd say that otherwise I've not gotten tickets I should have because it's a Lincoln.

Well you better show up on Thursday for of the Beach Party so you can do some harassing of the Prairie Du Chien Police with the rest of the Early Birds in July.

Stupid me desided to attract cops!! When you turn the looks of a car a bit then the cops love following me..

I could see you getting a ticket for driving without testosterone in that mustang....J/K

Mine is lowered and loud with blacked out windows and can wax most vettes. but cops never seem to pay much attention...........unless i am drawing it to myself

Not even a second look in my Gen II.

My '89 T-bird S/C, however... when it was running... I was pulled over twice and ticketed (once), within the first week I had it, both times under the speed limit.

cops just stare at me as i go by them.......i think its the no mufflers thing......... :D .........never been followed, just stared at, i guess theyre trying to figure out if its in fact my car making all that noise............

i think playing some metal really loud+no mufflers+lincoln = not suspicious :)

now my friend with the prelude..........he gets pulled over ALL the time :rolleyes:

cops just stare at me as i go by them.......i think its the no mufflers thing......... :D .........never been followed, just stared at, i guess theyre trying to figure out if its in fact my car making all that noise............

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHA. :lol: :lol:. Thats awesome.The cops are all confused. I love it.

With 2% tint all around and no front plate I usually get noticed and followed heavily but rarely pulled over. Unless I'm in the small towns up in Iowa. (where I lived for awhile) those cops in a certain* town try to impound the car everytime they see it. That's some personal sh.t tho.

Between Houston and Dallas on I-45 I've had 1 drug search and a couple speeding warnings. I think they're always carrying an attitude as they come up to the window until they find a nice dressed skinny white guy with manners.
Coming out of Dallas on Dec. 28th-ish I was running somewhere between 85 and 90 with the tunes up and playing with my phone in a 60 zone and the 8500 starts screaming laser..... look over to my right and sure enough. Guy pulls me over, asks where I'm headed, asks for my dl and proof of insurance, and if I know how fast I was going .. with a quick chuckle and a " obviously, too fast.." he informed me of speed limits between where i sat and the rest of the way back to houston all smart ass like with a smile, then "and you know what.. have a happy new year." Never even looked at my license. Craziest sh.t ever. I could have just murdered somebody and stuffed them in my trunk and the cop never even enforced learning my name. I'm pretty sure he was expecting someone unlike me to be in the drivers seat. That's a bit off subject, but.... I think most crown vic doughnut boys enjoy running across our cars so if you have the car looking good and have manners it helps. Because these cars are definately a cop magnet when lowered .. especially with tint.

Huh ?

i got pulled over doing 130 and the cop told me that he had been trying to catch up since he got on the freeway 6 miles back (he had one of the new impalas) then he told me that that was the first time he was able to really open up the car since he got it (was a local cop on route to somewhere else not a highway patrol) told me he used to drive a mark VIII told me that mine looked very clean and to keep it on the road and let me go

In Minnesota you wouldn't have a car or license to drive with anymore....

No sh!t, Cops in Minnesota seem to love giving tickets out for any and everything. I have a friend that moved here from Cali, he got a ticket the first week he was here for speeding. I asked him how he managed that, his response was.
"Cops don't give sppeding tickets in California, they have more important things to do."

Ohhh effing great...

I forgot about MN cops... I have been overseas for the last three years and I Am coming back this summer!

This sucks!

Members online

No members online now.
Back