Early X-mas Present- Lincoln MKR RWD Concept

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Someone leaked photos of the upcoming MKR (not MKS!) sedan ahead of the Detroit auto show in January. Unfortunately, the pictures were removed due to copyright reasons, but the news so far is great!

- Twin turbo V6 driving 415HP!!
- Peak horsepower at 5750 rpm, but delivers 400 lb-ft of torque at 2000 rpm.
- 6 speed automatic with manual shifting (paddle shifters?), sends power to rear wheels.
- Runs on E85 ethanol fuel.
- 0-60 in 5.3 seconds.
- pricing around $50K if it makes production.
- weight ~ 4075 lbs

Even if the MKR doesn't make production, we might see the twin turbo for sure on the MKS!!! Best news I've heard so far!

Frogman said:
That MKR is gonna be one of those "love it" or "hate it" cars, me thinks. . That Grille is... well... almost hideous.

well, they're definitely going to change the styling before it hits the streets, if and when it does, but it's what's underneath that really matters.

E.g. they have a twin turbo v-6 and they're still going rwd!

Yeah, the skins almost always change after it goes to a focus group a couple of times. I think the only concept that has come out the last couple years that didn't get much changing is the 05 mustang.

Some more info from the car & driver article:

- the TT V-6 was developed from the Duratec 3.5L V6 that is presently in the MKZ, Edge, and MKX.

- chassis is based on Mustang's, but stretched by 5.8 inches.

- instead of a solid rear axle, has a multilink independent rear suspension.

The jag looks like a cross between the body styles of a BMW and Audi

The MKR looks hideous, but that's my opinion.. I'll take the Jag

Looks nice, but is it large enough? Maybe its the perspective, but the car (MKR) looks too small to be a Lincoln. Shouldn't it be a larger two-door coupe like a Mark VIII? From the picture, it looks like the size of a Mercedes SLK.

Man this is cool for Lincoln, I hope the MKS comes with the 415 HP engine. I read that the new BMW 335i goes 0-60 in 4.8s, so I am not really impressed with the 0-60.

mark0101 said:
Man this is cool for Lincoln, I hope the MKS comes with the 415 HP engine. I read that the new BMW 335i goes 0-60 in 4.8s, so I am not really impressed with the 0-60.

but it's also much lighter too, just a difference of 1/2 a sec.

The cool futuristic factor of the interior wore off in about 15 seconds and now its just ridiculous looking. I don't mind the body style too much though, but definitely hope they improve on it. Not that I'll have $50k anytime soon. :D

It's a step in the right direction. Quite honestly, Lincoln is sucking hind tit right now. Either they start building these cars or they will go away. Personally, I will not buy another Lincoln product until they get their head out of their ass. Low performance (although styling is picking up) and one of the worst resale values I've ever seen. My Aviator is taking such a bath right now it makes me sick. It's now becoming economics for me. I just can't afford to buy a car that loses money like water through a funnel. When Lincoln builds cars that provide excitement and desire from the public, values will hold and market share will increase. Their quality is very good in my opinion...my Aviator and LS have been almost defect free from day 1. They need to bolster (change) their image and their product line. The public isn't all 60 years old and want a plush, but boring, ride.

captainalias said:
Also, the pics for the new Jaguar XF concept have been leaked as well, which look a bit like the Aston Martin Rapide. I like it. 4 door sports 'coupe'.

http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Jaguar/XF/spy/jag_xf.jpg

http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Jaguar/XF/spy/jag_xf1.jpg

those are suppossed to replace the s type and if they are in the same msrp range as the 06 stypes, im definately gonna be lookin into these when it comes out

i think that car is strictly a styling excercise and the jaguar looks like it's based on the MKS.

I guess we will have to wait and see; for now I will enjoy my LS!

I like it except for the rear end and seats, but Ford will probably screw this car up and not give it the TT V6

As stated in previous posts.....

I've come to the conclusion, I'll be one of the first in line for one of those. :)

Mike

Members online

No members online now.
Back