Your Fastest Speed In A Ls

you know i will be there for sure and hopefully all florida members reading this have either already signed or are going to now sign up for the South East Group forum. Thanks everyone lol. i want your nitrous so i can hit past 147

The nos won't do it without the xcal tune. It will stop it cold at your top speed. I'm burning rubber again when shifting to 2nd. Man feels good!

not sure if it was a 6 or 8, but he thought it was an 8 :shifty: :shifty: , what about the top speed, i know i specifically looked to see how fast i was going and it was at 140, my wheels and tires are 20s but the total height is the same as my stock tires. i had a 5.0 and it topped out at 147 downhill, you want to talk about bad suspension. i would like to see for sure a magnum hemi above 100. i just dont think they are quicker. i know in the 1/4 their times are much quicker than a ls8, but ive played with a few fast cars, and the ls is dam smooth above 100

125mph last weekend racing buddies Cobalt SS. WOW. Talk about a fast little car. I pulled on him from a roll at about 45mph. Four car lengths easy. No substitue for cubic inches. From a stop, he would kill me. Top speed, I would roll over him.

With the x-cal, magnaflows, 18" oversized wheels and modified intake I've gotten to 142, and she was still pulling when I let off the throttle. The 3.07 rear in the MTX gets all the credit.

Does anyone know if the V6 manuals have ths same limiter? Just with my basic knowledge I would assume yes since it's controled by the pcm. But it may work differently with the rpm range....

I maintained about 120 for almost 2 hrs on the Florida turnpike. Top speed hit was no more than 125, but that was because my lead speeding car was not able to run faster than that. Scary (cops) 225 miles in 2 hrs. The car loved every minute of it.

00ls5spd said:
Does anyone know if the V6 manuals have ths same limiter? Just with my basic knowledge I would assume yes since it's controled by the pcm. But it may work differently with the rpm range....

The spedo readings are taken from the abs sensors on the rear wheels. nothing to do with the tanny.

My highest reading was 142 and it was still pulling. My wheels are oversized 255/45 18's, so correcting the calculation for different tire size I was actually doing 149:eek:

Last time I saw the needle i was going 140mph and keep going a little more longer

Hit 130 last night and it still felt like it had alot more to go. My buddy in his vette was walking off from me though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back