No cold air out of AC

You're not out of the wood just yet, if only it was that easy my friend.

Relay # 08 clicked open and stayed open and the fuse for it blew, as far as I can make sense of it.

It will redo it again in a matter of time.

Your cold on driver-side but warm on passenger-side is a faulty DCCV. It needs to be replaced.

--- EDIT: could also be related to a faulty inside ambient temp sensor(s) but doubtful.

Why would DCCV stop the compressor from turning on?

Why would DCCV stop the compressor from turning on?

The same fuse that powers the DCCV also powers the compressor clutch. If the DCCV shorts badly enough, it will blow this fuse.
That said, clearly your main problem was that the relay/relay socket contacts were loose or corroded. I've also seen the relay itself fail before. Usually, the relays fail after the system has been run for a long time with low refrigerant. The rapid cycling of the clutch (and relay) wears them out.

A few more points:
Slightly cooler on the driver's side than the passenger (at max cooling only) is normal.
When the system is low on refrigerant, you lose cooling on the passenger side first.
If your DCCV is bad or even just marginal, you'll get good cooling on both sides when you first start it with the engine cold. After the engine warms up, you'll start seeing the DCCV problems again.

Sounds very consistent with what was happening Joe. I didn't mention this earlier but before I lost cool completely earlier this year I lost it on passenger side first. New relay and a can of refrigerant has me cool on both sides now.

... if only it was that easy my friend ... It will redo it again in a matter of time.

Well Fuse 1 for AC clutch is blown again ...

Faulty DCCV. It needs to be replaced!

20130330_152323.jpg20130330_155622.jpg20130330_155635.jpg20130330_155653.jpg

Been there, done that (hated it)
Wanna buy my t-shirt?

20130330_152323.jpg

20130330_155622.jpg

20130330_155635.jpg

20130330_155653.jpg

Members online

Back