Official LS Picture Thread

Pressing the control once will disable the AdvanceTrac stability
enhancement and the engine power reduction portion of the traction
Driving enhancement feature; the brake portion of the traction enhancement
feature will still function normally. Pressing and holding the control for
more than five seconds will disable the AdvanceTrac stability
enhancement and traction enhancement feature.

That's not confusing.

Very strange. A simple push of the button turns mine off completely. I can drift to my heart's content with a single push of the button.

BEFORE

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

AFTER

photo5-1.jpg

F0A87C5D-58EA-416F-97FC-184712F3EF19-59406-00001CB1136A09B2.jpg

73C215C3-6056-410F-A49F-E914DD3E2A9C-59406-00001CB1189DAE76.jpg

Too many colors clashing together...imo it looked better with the 06 wheels.

Very strange. A simple push of the button turns mine off completely. I can drift to my heart's content with a single push of the button.

The manual for the 1st Gen only says to push the button to turn it off.

Same thing with my LS, notification shows up on the dash that advancetrak is off and I dont notice it till I press it again to turn it on

Sweet wheels logs!

Say, I've got another "enhancement" idea for ya!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Color match the cross vehicle support rail to the car.

When you put the plastics back on, you'll see just the front side of it with matching color.

4.jpg

~ doesn't add any HP sorry to report! :mad:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

BTW:

Since you put that new custom CAI and the new sized wheels, you did disconnect both battery cables for 15 minutes and touch the + & - cable together as member jrand suggest to reset the KAM setting and let it relearn ?

might as well ...

I can't drift in my car because the Brake Assist kicks in.

BTW:

Since you put that new custom CAI and the new sized wheels, you did disconnect both battery cables for 15 minutes and touch the + & - cable together as member jrand suggest to reset the KAM setting and let it relearn ?

might as well ...

tomorrows project... lol thanks though!

I have an '06.

I can't drift in my car because the Brake Assist kicks in.

With a single push of the button I can get sideways at will.

Hmmmmm..... Page 225:

Pressing the control once will disable the AdvanceTrac stability enhancement and the engine power reduction portion of the traction enhancement feature; the brake portion of the traction enhancement feature will still function normally. Pressing and holding the control for more than five seconds will disable the AdvanceTrac stability enhancement and traction enhancement feature.

and does Will appreciate it when you come at him sideways like that ? hahaha lol, thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. :p

and does Will appreciate it when you come at him sideways like that ? hahaha lol, thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. :p

That depends if he sees me or not! :p

I tried holding the button down for more than 5 seconds (actually, about 15 seconds) and the message center beeped and said AT on. After that I couldn't turn it off at all; pushing the button did nothing until I shut the car off then on. If I hold the button down for 5-10 seconds then release it the message center says AT off.

That depends if he sees me or not! :p

I tried holding the button down for more than 5 seconds (actually, about 15 seconds) and the message center beeped and said AT on. After that I couldn't turn it off at all; pushing the button did nothing until I shut the car off then on. If I hold the button down for 5-10 seconds then release it the message center says AT off.

Yeah, mine did the same at first. Now, it just goes on and off. I wonder if they might have changed their minds and programmed that out of it due to liability issues. It also could be it just turns the whole thing off when you hold it longer and there is no difference in the indication.

did this test... and came up with the results...

push botton (no hold)- trac is off, heavy foot no spinning of tires.
push botton (hold) - trac off, heavy foot, no spinning of tires.

I have an '06.

With a single push of the button I can get sideways at will.

Hmmmmm..... Page 225:

Pressing the control once will disable the AdvanceTrac stability enhancement and the engine power reduction portion of the traction enhancement feature; the brake portion of the traction enhancement feature will still function normally. Pressing and holding the control for more than five seconds will disable the AdvanceTrac stability enhancement and traction enhancement feature.

This totally explains what I have experienced!!!! Thank you

Edit: Hmm just read the rest of what you guys were saying. Guess Ill give it a test.

I tried this yesterday and it only ended up disabling the button control, turned the button off.

During the same drive cycle it came back on it's own (the button function control)
I thought I'd have to pull over and turn car off/on to gain button control again.

It didn't seem to do anything different with regards to wheel spin/ traction control.

Pressing and holding the button, turned ATS OFF, then ON, then lost control of the button, as in, no Fn workie anymore.

Just a taste

I got the car back today. They still need to paint the bumper moldings but I took it anyway because the rental car was expensive. Turned out great. I just hate the slight contrast with the freshly painted parts and the original parts but it isn't too noticable. More pics to come and with a real camera.

nmew 191.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back