Official LS Picture Thread

STILL feel that way every time I drive!!

Worst feeling ever? Getting behind your second vehicle staring at the LS in the driveway wishing you were getting behind that wheel. EFFING gas mileage forces me to drive my 4 cylinder car to work and not the LS. :(

part of me wishes very much that they had a better V8 in them, similar to the LS2 or such others out now...

then they would really be badass LS's... :shifty:

I figure I would try and rebuild the LS down the road to accommodate such dreams... maybe by then money wont be an issue... :eek:

I think a sleeper LS would be the most awesome car!! lol... maybe and exhaust to boot it... but leaving everything else the same...

I got spanked by a late 90's Cadillac STS, last night in town.

not Fn happy ... LS is slow.

I got spanked by a late 90's Cadillac STS, last night in town.

not Fn happy ... LS is slow.

its those damn oil burning northstars!! they are very powerful... but not crazy... I did however race a coblt just over the weekend... and It felt nice to win...

Miss the feeling...

My last car was a pos buick century...

Can't get wheel spin off the line with the new Hankooks anymore, bogs down and tries to find the RPMs. (traction control off, not misfiring)

Wheel spin ?

Tell me something ...

You guys able to light up the rears when you stomp on it from a stand still ?

I was barely able to do this while on my stock 17's with cheap tires last season.
had the intake and exhaust and new coils, plugs in it at that time, would spin a bit but not much.

now, since the new 19's with the Hankook tires, no spin what so ever, bogs down, trying to find the RPMs,
gets up and goes after a second but unable to light up the rears.

I'm not misfiring ... what gives ? Normal ?

from a standstill, stomp it to the floor and nothing ... just hooks and tries to go. no spin (traction control off)

Am I missing something ?

~ thinking about getting a Mustang Boss 302 5 speed.

A little brake torque and mine can light up. Without it I usually hook up and then one wheel breaks loose and eventually gains tractions. I have fairly new tires.

The LS is too puny to light up the rears like that but good luck.

yeah, well kinda like trying to achieve something that's only going to cost more money in tires and transmissions.
Just having been getting bummed out with the lack of off line pull with this thing.

That Cadillac punked me last night, bothered me, still does ... but it is what it is and I'm sure there will be more to come.

can at least enjoy the fact that it rides and looks nice.

Fn 32valve STS'es

just incase there was any confusion... by sleeper I meant swapping out the engine... giving the knowledge I know this would be a difficult task but this is a future, thought/dream..

Speaking of dreams, this thing has been showing up at night in my head.

2013-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Laguna-Seca-for-charity.jpg

... the price tag on it makes it go away quickly.

2013-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Laguna-Seca-for-charity.jpg

Tell me something ...

I was barely able to do this while on my stock 17's with cheap tires last season.
had the intake and exhaust and new coils, plugs in it at that time, would spin a bit but not much.

now, since the new 19's with the Hankook tires, no spin what so ever, bogs down, trying to find the RPMs,

from a standstill, stomp it to the floor and nothing ... just hooks and tries to go. no spin (traction control off)

Am I missing something ?

I could smoke up my stock 16s easily. No dice after I put the 19s on. I have Achilies ATX tires. They are quiet, stick really well, and were under $100/ea.

Tell me something ...

Am I missing something ?

If you have AdvanceTrac, pushing the button only disables the stability control. You have to hold the button down for more than 5 seconds to disable the entire system.

Say what ? really ?
I have AdvanceTrac as well, you sure about this ?
Don't recall reading that in the OM, double checking now of course.

----EDIT:

Hmmm, yup mine is def. ATS and 01 OM does not make mention of 5 second hold down for total disable.

strange. must be GEN II thing.

If you have AdvanceTrac, pushing the button only disables the stability control. You have to hold the button down for more than 5 seconds to disable the entire system.

Never heard if this on an LS before. I have heard of it working like that on new fords tho :confused:

yeah, well kinda like trying to achieve something that's only going to cost more money in tires and transmissions.
Just having been getting bummed out with the lack of off line pull with this thing.

That Cadillac punked me last night, bothered me, still does ... but it is what it is and I'm sure there will be more to come.

can at least enjoy the fact that it rides and looks nice.

Fn 32valve STS'es

If it makes you feel any better...the LS made more power than the same year mustang GT's. It wasn't until 2005 when they started using the 3 valve making 300hp the stang caught up.... up until then you could run with one side by side. The mustang is still faster by only slightly. A tuned/modded LS can take it.

The LS is a luxury car first, sports car second. And the guy with the STS probably has headgasket issues...or will later on.

... The LS is a luxury car first, sports car second. And the guy with the STS probably has headgasket issues...or will later on.

lol, yeah, hey at least I looked better in second place!

Gonna have to pick my battles more favorable from now on.

the only way I can light mine up is power braking... not as cool as if you floor it from a stop... IMO... although its just a bit hard on the tires lol...still fun every once in a great while..

Page 224 or 225 of the 2nd Gen manual.

Interesting. Mine turns off with a single touch of the bottom, no need to hold it. I can spin the tires as much as I want at that point, which to me means advancetrac is off lol

Pressing the control once will disable the AdvanceTrac stability
enhancement and the engine power reduction portion of the traction
Driving enhancement feature; the brake portion of the traction enhancement
feature will still function normally. Pressing and holding the control for
more than five seconds will disable the AdvanceTrac stability
enhancement and traction enhancement feature.

That's not confusing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back