Cheap 2-piston PBR brake upgrade!

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So seraching for links in the other thread I ran across something very nice. Corvette calipers for $50 each and they include the brackets! :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cent...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The 88-96 Corvette uses the same bracket and caliper as the 94-04 Cobras. They look a little different on their face but kinda cool IMHO.

Add a set of Brakemotive Cobra rotors for $100 and you have a complete conversion for around $200 not including having the rotors re-drilled for the Marks pattern.

Those look pretty cool, and cheap too! That is neat that the Cobra and Vettes calipers and brackets are the same kind!!!

i bet mines cheaper ;)

dont mind the dirty ass wheels

chickens cheap pbr upgrade.jpg

i hear blue ribbon pads and rotors are the best currently available brake option for our cars. any truth to this?
:shifty:

yea, cheap upgrade...at what point did your realize they're not a direct bolt-on?
:bash:
bought a pair and tried putting that big C4 caliper bolt in the little M8 spindle bolt-hole, waste of time and money sans Corvette
...now they're for sale, will work with Cobra brackets, but i bought Cobra calps instead- done....

Evidentially Corvette calipers are the same as the Cobra calipers. The first time I got my calipers from O'Reilly's, I got one Cobra caliper and one Corvette caliper. The Corvette caliper is exactly the same.
48EDCFF9-778F-4A62-80B1-8F73246AB303-3672-000001B60D582990_zpsa28b58a4.jpg

Evidentially Corvette calipers are the same as the Cobra calipers. The first time I got my calipers from O'Reilly's, I got one Cobra caliper and one Corvette caliper. The Corvette caliper is exactly the same.
48EDCFF9-778F-4A62-80B1-8F73246AB303-3672-000001B60D582990_zpsa28b58a4.jpg
the calps are fine, interchangeable...no doubt, the vette bracket takes larger bolts( 15mm?) whereas the Ford bolts are...?12mm?) I've got both sitting in my garage...will paint and sell the GM's

Cobras take 12mm bolts Vettes take 14mm, if one wanted to run Vette calipers it would take about 5 mins with a drill to make them work.

-Alan

Cobras take 12mm bolts Vettes take 14mm, if one wanted to run Vette calipers it would take about 5 mins with a drill to make them work.

-Alan
to re-bore/tap the spindle like you did for those 14" rotors? seeing those pictures on your post actually reminded me of that decision I made...I chose not to machine the spindle...in all likelihood the new holes would match up, but if they're off even 1mm, or not straight, it's game over- new spindle :shifty:

A lot of work it seems just to save a couple dollars. I just bought reman 13" PBR's with new brackets off Amazon for just under $100 with 2 days shipped. Bought some stock rotors and EBC pads off someone for $30.

Oh, never mind... I was thinking backwards. Ya, the bolt would just pass thru the spindle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back