So what do you guys like more?

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Being LS owners (FORD), I notice people here are unbiased, owning Chevy pickups, some of you have a G37, 88 Honda etc.. So I think you guys are unbiased and I would appreciate your answer.

Ive been wondering (for a quite a while now) what the public likes more, between these two Body stylings. I know A LOT of people close to me pick the Camaro, because the transformers movie opened them up to it. I myself, I like both cars, but I favor the Mustang.

So from the pictures, which of these two picks would you go with For Body Styling:

Camaro.jpg

2012-Ford-Mustang-GT-5.0.jpg

mustang. i'm a ford guy, and the mustang looks better. always has. partial to the 03-04 cobra myself.

I think the camaro is a MEAN looking car, but the interior is ****.. Absolute ****..Awful blindspots, and the car feels heavy thru the twisties. the new Coyote is a hell of an impressive motor. I'd have one if I didn't have so much money in my current mustang. 2011+ Mustang hands down.. A Boss especially

5.0 nuff said
not too mention a ZL1 aint got sh!t on a 13' gt500, it can barley keep up with a 5.0 boss let alone that 5.8 beast!

mustang. i'm a ford guy, and the mustang looks better. always has. partial to the 03-04 cobra myself.
as much as i love the terminator drive train, every time i drive a terminator it talks me out of buying it as soon as i get off the straight line (however, while im in that straight line, I'm sold!) If you have ever driven a 03 with a pulley, ice box and a tune, then you know what im talking about!!!

Mustang. The camaro is cool and all, but it's too bulky and square for me.

So on body styling alone (Vehicles makes, and performance aside), so far no one picks the Camaro?

The Fox body's used to be my favorite. Red 91 with GT skirts and hatchback, limo tint, And Flowmasters = <3 <3 <3

My uncle has one Identicle to this: (these arn't my pics, found them on google, but its close to my uncles 91 Hatch back 5.0L )
93_RobsMustangLX5-0_ForSale2.jpg

93cobrared.jpg

93_RobsMustangLX5-0_ForSale4.jpg

I'm a GM guy, but stylewise between the new Camaro and the new Mustang I'd have to go with the Mustang. However, if you throw the Challenger into the mix, neither one wins. The Challenger is by far the nicest looking of the Big 3 two door musclecars.

Now if you were to ask which would we BUY, that would be a different story. I wouldn't actually buy any of them. The Mustang and Camaro are both too small inside, and I'm no longer willing to put up with an uncomfortable car regardless of how fast it may be. The Challenger is just poorly built and not worth the money. But if I HAD to buy one, I'd get the Camaro. I'm far more comfortable with GM engineering and am already set up with a pro tuning package for GM vehicles.

Were I going to look at 90s Mustangs,
33547560002_large.jpg

I can't speak for the Mustang. But I own a 2010 Camaro 2SS. I own a rare color combo. Charcoal stripes with beige on black interior.

CONS:
1. The rear blind spots are HORRIBLE!!!
2. I have to lower the seat to its lowest setting and alomost all the way back.
3. Once you learn the location of everything the interior is okay. To unlock the doors. The button is located undr the radio in the middle of the dash.:confused:

PROS:
1. The seats are comfortable.
2. Its is easy to work on.
3. HUGE aftermarket
4. MPG 25 with a 6.2 at 75MPH. Getting 18-19MPG just running around town.

The Camaro is the wifes. I would like to pick up a Challenger or Mustang once the SS is paid off.

SS 10.jpg

SS 12.jpg

SS & TBSS 01.jpg

SS engine 01.jpg

2SS%2002.jpg

SS 04.jpg

I think that the Camaro looks better. ...other factors considered it would not be my choice if I was buying.

I've always been a Camaro guy and I basically bought the LS because I wanted something a bit more "mature" and "luxurious" but still had some sport and style. GM didn't offer much in those regards and I immediately fell in love with the LS. Plus, I need rear wheel drive - I've never owned a car that wasn't rear wheel drive. The Mustang you posted looks to be the very top of the line pony while the Camaro you posted looks to be a pretty stock version. There are some SS models that look better with different wheels and ground effects and such. In my opinion both cars are pretty awesome and since I haven't driven either, I can't make a decision...

I can't speak for the Mustang. But I own a 2010 Camaro 2SS. I own a rare color combo. Charcoal stripes with beige on black interior.

CONS:
1. The rear blind spots are HORRIBLE!!!
2. I have to lower the seat to its lowest setting and alomost all the way back.
3. Once you learn the location of everything the interior is okay. To unlock the doors. The button is located undr the radio in the middle of the dash.:confused:

PROS:
1. The seats are comfortable.
2. Its is easy to work on.
3. HUGE aftermarket
4. MPG 25 with a 6.2 at 75MPH. Getting 18-19MPG just running around town.

The Camaro is the wifes. I would like to pick up a Challenger or Mustang once the SS is paid off.

Its beautiful, im glad you went with Red. Camaros and mustang always look best in a Nice Red.

Mustang.

I like GM's but not the Camaro. Too cheesy of an interior, feels too heavy, ETC...ETC...

The Coyote is a HELL of a powerplant and the Car is styled very well. The only way it could be better is with the RE-introduction of IRS.

I have owned 3 of 5 generations of Camaros.

'79 was VERY comfortable. Nasty rear blind spot. For a high school kid. It was great.

'86 IROC slowest of the IROCa that year. Very comfortable. Loved the hatch. Lots of room.

'10 already posted that.

Nevered owned a Mustang. But have driven to many to count. '81 to current GT500. All great rides. Not bad thing to say about any of them.

My wifes' 2006 GT.

It's an A/T, but it looks good and hauls ass, if I were to get a new Mustang though, I think I would have to get a '13 used (I never buy new), or wait for the all-new one to come out next year, it's supposed to have IRS and rumors have it there will be a Ecoboost TT V6 possibly with AWD...

I chose the '05 Lincoln over the new stang...

The Camaro looks horrible in person, almost a Japanese caricature of a '69 SS.

I own 2 Mustangs.....and driven many of them. I can tell you what years I think they messed up bad with them, but the last few years will not be included on that list.

The Camero doesn't look awful....but I look at them like most Harley's...they are all the same but a different color....oh wait...there's 2 teal Harleys.

And this comes from a man who's father owns a 64 Electricglide(?) and 96 Ultra Classic and a Father in law with at least 3 knucklheads and another dozen others.

The Mustang, by several quarter miles, and this is coming from a dyed in the wool Pontiac person. Old Pontiacs though, and by old I mean 72 or earlier except for the 73/74 SD TAs and Formulas.

The SN95 Rustang, towards the end of it's run, was running away with the retro look. The 2005 and later models hit it out of the park in that respect, and have only gotten better. The new(er) models look like what they are - purpose built and designed automobiles caputuring that nostalgia in a modern package. GM, with the Commode, look like the johnny come latelys, trying to cobble something together that others have done in hopes of riding the wave.

The "new" Camaro looks so much like the "new" Chargers and Challengers, from the right angle, it makes me think GM had moles w/i Chrysler snapping photos of preliminary drawings. The Mustang looks like, well, a "Mustang", like nothing else on the road.

That's typical GM though, Chevy rules the roost, and rather than be daring they simply filter down to the lowest common denominator. The Vette being the exception, Chevy makes sure of that, and has for decades. Nothing in GM's stable will ever supplant it, and they basically have a clean slate when it comes to the design and engineering of it.

Hell, Chevy cried and stole DeLorean's Banshee body style for the 3rd gen Vette, four years before that Vette iteration hit the showrooms. A similiar rumor still surrounds the Fiero in that respect. Chevy didn't want it to begin with, another 2 seat sports car, as it would cut into Vette sales. Then, when they(Pontiac) got most of the bugs worked out, GM killed it.

But I digress.....

New Mustang >>>> New Camaro

I hate the look of the Camaro, and honestly it's not a Ford vs. Chevy thing for me. Look at the cluster and bezels for example. It looks goofy. And I mean that literally. LOL Am I the only one seeing this? Look at Rollin's cluster pic. Sorry Rollin', just messin' with ya. ;)

http://www.disneyclips.com/imagesnewb/imageslwrakr01/clipgoofy.gif

Your right. They tried to do a retro design of the '68 Camaro interior too. The gauges in the lower console are optional thou.

I'd go with the Mustang, though the Camaro does look good. The Corvette... that might be a different story. Different price point though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back