Who like their car audio?!

Heres my set-up. Custom box with a 12" DC Audio XL on an AQ 2200 = pure sex!! Complete access to the spare compartment. Link in my sig if you want more info.

Heres an underconstruction pic.

CIMG0087Medium.jpg
nasty!!!! i bet that tunned box makes that thing hit!!!:cool:

By the way LVCers
Im getting ground from the shocktower
where can i get the best ground?

Nick, may I see a pic of your center console? That sounds very interesting.

Here are some shots

First picture shows with the grilles on, i had the Alpine 6Disc set up originally so it had speakers there already, smaller than the 3.5's. To fit these I had to remove the A/C ducts that run down the console to the vents in the back of the console.

Second picture is without the grille

Third picture is the subs, dont mind the trunk mess, I keep alot of crap in there. Used to have 2 12" kickers but I had no trunk, This box fit al the way under the rear deck to the rear seats. Leaves me some trunk to use

4th pictres is the amps, they are mounted to the rear seat backs in the trunk

5th picture is Tweeter mounted in the A-Pillar

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

I had a shop build the box for me about a year after getting my LS. Told them I had to be able to get the spare out and how I wanted the amps set and they did a great job. It is a simple build. If I had to do it again I probably would have enlarged the actual box the sub is in. I think it is a little under spec but it sounds great and I didn't lose all my trunk space with a factory built dual 12" box. I left my other Type R in the closet in case I fried this one. Still going strong though. I have plans to turn it into a home theater sub eventually.

Good luck to the OP with your build.

Here are some shots

First picture shows with the grilles on, i had the Alpine 6Disc set up originally so it had speakers there already, smaller than the 3.5's. To fit these I had to remove the A/C ducts that run down the console to the vents in the back of the console.

Second picture is without the grille

Third picture is the subs, dont mind the trunk mess, I keep alot of crap in there. Used to have 2 12" kickers but I had no trunk, This box fit al the way under the rear deck to the rear seats. Leaves me some trunk to use

4th pictres is the amps, they are mounted to the rear seat backs in the trunk

5th picture is Tweeter mounted in the A-Pillar

ilove that tweeter setup!!!

Here's mine:

Directed D2400 (1200rms@1ohm):
IMG_9490.jpg

Kenwood Excelon DDX7015 with KNA G510 nav. Also note the custom iPod/iPhone dock:
IMG_9492.jpg

Tweeters flush mounted in front doors:
IMG_9493.jpg

DC Level 4 12" in custom enclosure I built. 2.25ft^3 tuned to 34hz:
23728037.jpg

And an Optima Yellow Top in the trunk.

I had a shop build the box for me about a year after getting my LS. Told them I had to be able to get the spare out and how I wanted the amps set and they did a great job. It is a simple build. If I had to do it again I probably would have enlarged the actual box the sub is in. I think it is a little under spec but it sounds great and I didn't lose all my trunk space with a factory built dual 12" box. I left my other Type R in the closet in case I fried this one. Still going strong though. I have plans to turn it into a home theater sub eventually.

Good luck to the OP with your build.

My shop is estimating a 200$ price tag
but i dont want a super custom box ,too custom that its going have to stay with the car forever. I just want a big nice tunned box as big as i can fit in the trunk

That's not too bad, actually. Mine is made of 3/4" Birch plywood (from my custom cabinet supplier), carpeted with carpet from partsexpress, and the aeroport from partsexpress as well. I probably have $100-125 just in materials.

That's not too bad, actually. Mine is made of 3/4" Birch plywood (from my custom cabinet supplier), carpeted with carpet from partsexpress, and the aeroport from partsexpress as well. I probably have $100-125 just in materials.

glad to hear its not too much
shops around here overload on prices thats why i usually install my own stuff

I was thinking about getting this box myself. Does anyone have any info on it? Does it sound good? Is it worth the buy? etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2006-L...es&hash=item58902a1dd7&vxp=mtr#ht_2532wt_1396

Depends on what you're looking for. The enclosure is the single most important thing to how your driver will sound. You'll get better results from building it yourself imo and spend just as much, assuming you get it right on the first try. The volume they have listed wouldn't allow any good sub to reach its full potential.

i have a 12 w7 in ported box, hifonics amp with 2ga wiring, infinity reference highs, and pioneer avh-p3200bt headunit. all installed myself. also installed rattletrap xxxtreme through the whole trunk and rear deck. the 12 w7 had a puncture in the cone and when i called jl they told me that if i didnt wanna send in and pay for repair i could use goop to seal it. lol. so i did and its held ever since.

that makes me cry a little.

kinda like taking a hot girl with a black eye out, no matter how good looking she is, everybody is going to be staring at you all night.

i have a 12 w7 in ported box, hifonics amp with 2ga wiring, infinity reference highs, and pioneer avh-p3200bt headunit. all installed myself. also installed rattletrap xxxtreme through the whole trunk and rear deck. the 12 w7 had a puncture in the cone and when i called jl they told me that if i didnt wanna send in and pay for repair i could use goop to seal it. lol. so i did and its held ever since.

i would love having a w7 but there super expensive!!:mad:

i paid 200 for the 12w7 i got cause it had the crack in the cone. still works just fine but looks bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back