Who like their car audio?!

iivan

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello lvc Working at chuckecheese doesnt give me all the money in the world but its somthing, anyways i want to get a custom sub box and wanted ideas?
Can you guys give me some pics on your trunk setup (where you amp is at your subs ext)

Hello lvc Working at chuckecheese doesnt give me all the money in the world but its somthing, anyways i want to get a custom sub box and wanted ideas?
Can you guys give me some pics on your trunk setup (where you amp is at your subs ext)

Just some Ideas from me.

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_2033[1].jpg

What factory system do you have now?

I had the Alpine 6-disc changer. Ran a Memphis amp and two 10" subs in a ported box off the factory headunit. It sounded good. Actually competed in a stsreo competition and won my class. Hit 128db. Not bad for only 200 watts off a OEM headunit.

I am currently running an Alpine W203 headunit.

Pic 1 Getting metered at a stereo contest. "Old" set-up.:rolleyes:
Pic 2 "Old" set-up before the side beauty boards.
Pic 3 "Old" subs after the side beauty boards.
Pic 4 "New" set-up: upgraded subs & amps to PPI chrome series. 400 watts to the new subs. Installed two pairs of Sony Co-axial speakers in trunk.
Pic 5 LED lights in trunk.:rolleyes:

LS%20car%20show%2023a.jpg

LS%20WOW%2005.jpg

LS%20trunk%202.jpg

LS%20RNR%20DropJaw%20Coverage%209.jpg

Colorstorm Stereo 04.jpg

RollinLS I'd love to hear that system one day. Can't wait to do my system. It wont be that extravagant, but it will be nice.

Has anybody mounted a Bazooka in the trunk? I have one lying around and they are cheap and compact, maybe not audiophile quality but good enough for my needs.

Has anybody mounted a Bazooka in the trunk? I have one lying around and they are cheap and compact, maybe not audiophile quality but good enough for my needs.

I had a 10 inch non powered bazooka in my LS at one time. Not enough output for my taste but I did love having the trunk space. Its the lesser of two evils I guess!

I talked to a guy at a shop today. He believes he can fit two of these 6.5" subs in the factory box. That would be great. I can get about 300 watts of sub power without sacrificing my trunk.

Here is my setup:

Pioneer AVH Headunit. Knukonceptz RCA cables to one Pioneer amp mounted to the rear seat which powers 2 12" Pioneer subs in a small box. I put the polyfill fiber stuffing stuff in the box as I realize it's about the smallest box that will work with those subs. The box was cheap and isn't of the best quality but I can get to my battery and spare tire without removing the subs which is what I wanted. They still hit pretty hard too. The subs themselves aren't anything special (pretty cheap) but they sounds good and yes, I listen to quite a bit of hip-hop/rap. The other (smaller) Pioneer amp is mounted where the factory amp used to be and powers two infinity speakers in the rear deck. I didn't want to keep the original 6x9 subs but did want speakers in the deck so I went this route. They sound really good and there is a little channel to run the wires (which you can kinda see in the pics) - Worked out pretty well but was a bit of work. I also have infinity speakers in the doors as well. All wiring is KnuKonceptz and is hidden except for the little fuse block.

subs1.jpg

subs2.jpg

subs3.jpg

subs4.jpg

What factory system do you have now?

I had the Alpine 6-disc changer. Ran a Memphis amp and two 10" subs in a ported box off the factory headunit. It sounded good. Actually competed in a stsreo competition and won my class. Hit 128db. Not bad for only 200 watts off a OEM headunit.

I am currently running an Alpine W203 headunit.

Pic 1 Getting metered at a stereo contest. "Old" set-up.:rolleyes:
Pic 2 "Old" set-up before the side beauty boards.
Pic 3 "Old" subs after the side beauty boards.
Pic 4 "New" set-up: upgraded subs & amps to PPI chrome series. 400 watts to the new subs. Installed two pairs of Sony Co-axial speakers in trunk.
Pic 5 LED lights in trunk.:rolleyes:

Thats a sick setup but how do you access your fuse box and battery?

Here is my setup:

Pioneer AVH Headunit. Knukonceptz RCA cables to one Pioneer amp mounted to the rear seat which powers 2 12" Pioneer subs in a small box. I put the polyfill fiber stuffing stuff in the box as I realize it's about the smallest box that will work with those subs. The box was cheap and isn't of the best quality but I can get to my battery and spare tire without removing the subs which is what I wanted. They still hit pretty hard too. The subs themselves aren't anything special (pretty cheap) but they sounds good and yes, I listen to quite a bit of hip-hop/rap. The other (smaller) Pioneer amp is mounted where the factory amp used to be and powers two infinity speakers in the rear deck. I didn't want to keep the original 6x9 subs but did want speakers in the deck so I went this route. They sound really good and there is a little channel to run the wires (which you can kinda see in the pics) - Worked out pretty well but was a bit of work. I also have infinity speakers in the doors as well. All wiring is KnuKonceptz and is hidden except for the little fuse block.

I like how the amps are munted dude. i tried mine it wont fitt:(

Copied another member's idea and started my own thread when I went through my sub/amp install. Took some notes out of his book as well. The link is in my sig. My amp is mounted to the back of the box.

Do it. What size Bazooka??? There is one in my brothers Mustang, next time you are buy you can here it.

I did not know you are into stereo's, The LS has a small system in it too, 2 JL 10's in their power wedge box, JL 500 amp, Alpine amp for small speakers, Infinity Kappa 6x9 2way in rear, 4 Kappa 5x7's in doors, 2 3.5 Kappa's in center console, 2 Kicker Tweeters in a-pillars, Alpine head unit with Bluetooth module and ipod hookup.

Nick, may I see a pic of your center console? That sounds very interesting.

Rollin, do you have a hook to keep the amp rack up for when taking a tire out? I had a similar setup years ago in a different car and it got to be a pain when I had to simultaneously try and hold the cover and reach down into the trunk to take the spare out.

Damn Nick, I saw your Alpine deck but had no idea it was that serious.
Yeah, I bought a 10-inch non-amped Bazooka about 10 years ago for a crapbox I used to drive around. Then it saw duty in my Turbo Buick, nice and light but still sounded good.
I've got the Bazooka and a new 5-channel 140x1 + 40x4 RMS Sony amp laying around, eventually going to buy some Infinity speakers, 6-way Monster RCAs and a headunit (Maybe new Pioneer DEH-9400BH with Bluetooth/iPhone integration) or Alpine and rock out.
But as a wise man once said, "You can have toys or kids...not both!" so it'll take some time...

Would love to hear the Stang next time. That '93 Cobra look is sweet.

Heres my set-up. Custom box with a 12" DC Audio XL on an AQ 2200 = pure sex!! Complete access to the spare compartment. Link in my sig if you want more info.

Heres an underconstruction pic.

CIMG0087Medium.jpg

Now to me this is one of the best set ups i have seen yet!!!!! I just might build something very similar to this. I have lost so much of my trunk with two 12's in a conventional box. hmmmmm.

Last edited:
Those are some nice setups. I have had 2 12"s, and 1 15" in my LS. I wish I had pics. That LS is now gone, and I need to set up something in my new LS. You guys have some great looking systems. I actually buult a plywood floor for mine (like others have done) so that I can access battery/spare. My new 06 is awaiting bass...

Members online

Back