What was everyone's first car?

The first car I bought was a 1957 Lincoln Premiere Coupe, paid $65.00, it needed a battery. 300hp 368 w/turbodrive.
BBoyd said:
This may have already been posted, but I could not find it. Mine was a 1991 Ford Probe Turbo GT. 5 speed manual, 155 horses, pure adrenaline. lol

My very first car was a 1951 Plymouth Cranbrook 4-door sedan. It had a flathead 6, three on the tree, and rusted out floor boards. You could actually see the world go by underneath you. It had a red bottom and a white top with one of those old metal sun visors over the windshield. It had been painted with a brush and what looked like barn paint and I paid $50.00 for it in 1962. I drove it for about a year and sold it for $85.00 and bought a 1955 Buick Century 2-door hardtop (also painted with a brush) but at least it had an OHV V8 but a DynaFlop automatic transmission.

My first car was a 1975 Olds Tornado. It had a 4-barrel carb with, I believe, a 450 c.i. engine. The car would go anywhere: mud, snow, muddy off-road hills, and 60 degree uphill streets in snow. I had huge snow tires, and a 250 watt sound system which provided music, with the trunk open, in a 100 yard radius. Now I have a 2005 LS Sport V8, and I am with the girl whom I dated when I had the Tornado. Her husband died 4 years ago, and, 25 years later, we're back together. Don't give up hope!

Would you believe.......

A 1953 Windsor DeLux Chrysler. I thought my father was coming home with a 55 Chevy when he called my mother to tell her that he had just bought me a car! I was 15! There were no other cars in the world than a 55 Chevy in 1963. What else could it be.............. I raced a concrete mixer once, and I lost. Oh well. At least I had a car!!

my first car was a 1987 oldsmobile 98 regency when i got it it didn't run after five years it was in a lowriders car show then i sold it for $1000.00 and i bought my 2004 LS V8.

66 Dodge Polara- I put this car through pure hell, before finally totalling it.

105.2.s.GIF

Followed by:
70 Mustang Mach 1 (wanted more power!)
70 GTO (traded it when gas hit $1 a gallon... dumb)
74 Toyota Celica
67 VW Beetle (267K miles)
86 VW Cabriolet (piece of crap)
89 Isuzu Trooper (ugly but reliable)
97 Isuzu Rodeo (still have it)

$300 of pure driving fun

I had a pontiac ventura sj. At 18, I abused the hell out of it. Well worth the $300. It had a V6 and by the end of the year it became a inline 3! An underrated off road vehicle that often hauled up to 10 people at a time with a trunk full of ice and beer.

Black 99 Jeep Wrangler...

I thought I was so cool in high school with that thing. Picking up the cheerleaders in the drop top Jeep. :N

Now look at me...

Driving a Frickin gorgeous sedan.

:Beer

My First car was a Red 1967 Fiat 600. 3 cylinder, 4 speed on the floor, much smaller than a VW Bug.

I started with a 91 Dodge Stealth RT, then a 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL. The SL is my favorite car.

57 Ford Courrier panel delivery with a 312 y-block: big as a country squire but with two doors, real cool with two 9'6" 100lb. surfboards always on the roof at Topsail Beach NC in the late sixties, and I still got it!! Skid Mark

I had alot of cars before my license. about 10 town cars, and a few caprice's. my first car to leagally drive is my 1996 Lincoln Town Car Siganture Series. Black w/ gray leather. "Style Liner" by E&G. 62k original miles.

My first car was a white 1994 4.6L V8 Thunderbird got it in Nov. of 99 for $10k killed when I un-intently tried to make it into a compact with the help of a van on I-95. I got to say, I’m amazed how well the car took the hit. 70 MPH into the back of a van doing about 45 I had no trace of headlamps left and the hood was fubar but the car still drove fine. The guy from the progressive was cursing when he looked at it said he has to total it because of the law but there’s no reason it couldn’t be fixed. The back of the van was gone though the doors where pushed in and bumper was hitting the tires :)

Second came a 1992 Thunderbird Supercoupe got for $1200 don't know if this one counts since it really just ended up being a parts car. However, it was driven from time to time

My third car was a Black 1996 4.6L V8 Thunderbird I got in feb of 01 for $12,000. She was my baby. Still sitting in my driveway engine still strong as an ox but tranny has issues was going to get it fixed till the lock cylinder broke, now I have to pull the battery and hit the fuel cut off to turn the dam thing off. I know its a simple fix but enough was enough went out and bought my LS the next day. Giving her to a buddy of mine who needs a car.

First car was a 1989 Honda Prelude SI, then when the engine went on it at about 200,000 miles I bought a 1995 Ford Taurus SHO. Traded that in 6 months ago for my '03 LS V8.

1985 Gold (called it the Flying Sh!t) Oldsmobile Calais
Had to drive with the heat on in the summer
$500 bucks from my great uncle

1987 Nissan 200SX SE V6 - Same V6 as 300ZX, 300 LBs lighter ;-)

Fun car, but it was just too old, and things just started going when I started driving it a lot...Once the (pretty much) whole braking system went, then it was time for it to go.

Now I have my 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra, and my 2000 Lincoln LS V8.

-Matt

-1999 Ford Explorer Sport - Dec 2003-March 2004... only car my mom would let me drive at the time
*-2002 Mineral Grey Ford Mustang GT (traded in for 2004 Navi) - March 2004-June 2004... had an "incident", convinced my mom I was "safer" in her Navi, so she let me keep it:
*-2002 Lincoln Navigator (traded in for LS) July 2004-September 2005
-2004 Silver Birch Lincoln Navigator 4x2 Ultimate - October 2004-May 2005 (alternated between the two Navi's)
-2006 Ceramic White Pearl Lincoln LS V8 - September 2005-present

All but the last two have been "hand-me-downs". :\

Members online

No members online now.
Back