Painted Engine cover plate today....

tripwire1124

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
what do you all think? i didnt want to do black because my whole car is black but i do like the way it turned out. Next is to do my air intake to match...maybe with some kind of lettering on it. anyways check it out...
005.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

it is still a little wet and ill need to wetsand and buff it later.

Very nice! Did you sand it down at all?

i sanded down the rough texture with a DA sander with 220 grit. then i sprayed the first coat of primer then wet sanded it, then put two layers of paint follwed by wetsanding, and just layed down a thick layer of clear and havent sanded that yet...all was sanded with only 1500 grit wet paper and sprayed with duplicolor from autozone.

You should do the intake tube as well.

You should do the intake tube as well.

im planning on it...probably be till monday before i get to it. also wanting to do the strut tower caps, as well as the front cover that goes over the radiator, and maybe the fuse box lid.

Wouldint bother with the intake tube...just get the metal one.

Looks good though just need to make everything else shine.

LOL rename the LS to pigpin... looks good though... cant wait to see what else you paint

It looks great. Give us an update in about 4 months and let us know, good or bad, how it holds up to the heat. If positive, others may follow suit.

Spray some WD40 on a rag and wipe that dirty engine bay clean! That cover looks like a diamond stuck in a lump of coal with your engine so dirty LOL

Spray engine compartment with KRUD KUTTER to really clean. Hose off. I do all mine twice a year. Never had a problem last 8yrs.

Looks great! Might have to try this one out

Spray engine compartment with KRUD KUTTER to really clean. Hose off. I do all mine twice a year. Never had a problem last 8yrs.

ive never liked the thought of spraying down my engine, for the fact that im a little cautious about it. is it safe to do that to our engines? has anyone had any problems after doing this? since youve been doing it for so long ill take your word that its ok to do. i may have to try it.

Religiously, I wipe my engine and engine bay down twice a month. At that interval, it really never has a chance to get to dusty. Actually makes it easier to keep clean.

Nice work.:cool: I suggest doing the strut covers and fuse cover too. If your really wanting to go all out, do the front cross-member cover/headlight cover. Just an idea.

Members online

No members online now.
Back